Valencia in for Negredo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigOscar said:
I'd let him go, if by January we look like we need a 4th striker then we can do something about it then. Dzeko is indestructable anyway

Hope you haven't jinxed him.

The worry is that if Negredo goes we have 3 very good forwards but 2 of them have missed a lot matches last season through injury so we could end up with Edin on his own for while...

Khaldoon/Txiki keep telling us how great they are for getting the deals done early and all that, but yet on the last day they seem ready to sell Negredo and not replace him. Surely this boils down to whether they want 4 strikers in the squad or 3. This simple decision should have been taken months ago, its not something you just leave to chance.

For that reason I don't see Negredo leaving, but I would now sell (but obviously replace) as he wants to leave, and being forced to stay after being so close to a move would only make him and his family more eager to return to Spain. And yes I'm fucking flapping.

If he's homestick, then it's best to part ways. He was great for 6 months but it's risky for us if we have to play someone who's homesick. The problem is that we'd have 3 strikers but I guess it means Dzeko has to step up to the plate again like he did last season.

pavelsrnicek said:
BigOscar said:
I'd let him go, if by January we look like we need a 4th striker then we can do something about it then. Dzeko is indestructable anyway

The worry is that if Negredo goes we have 3 very good forwards but 2 of them have missed a lot matches last season through injury so we could end up with Edin on his own for while...
I wouldn't mind that. A lot of us are always complaining about how Yaya can't play in a midfield 2 anyway, could work out as a blessing in disguise to be forced to play a midfield 3 instead.

Depends a lot on his personal situation and remember there is the January window. I wouldn't want to keep an unhappy player.

I'm sure we're looking today. I'd be looking at Real Madrid's squad players. A loan in would be ideal, or a permanent buy if it fits long term

If alf wants to leave and we are happy to let him go and will play with just 1 up front,then IMO we hold the cards.valencia need a striker, they also have loads of cash so will effectively pay what we say.

BigOscar said:
pavelsrnicek said:
BigOscar said:

I wouldn't mind that. A lot of us are always complaining about how Yaya can't play in a midfield 2 anyway, could work out as a blessing in disguise to be forced to play a midfield 3 instead.

Don't get the Yaya can't play in a midfield two theory, he did almost all of last season and we did alright. Yaya or Silva further forwards works fine for big matches (Premier League and Champions League) or certain tough away games but at home especially against teams parking the bus will leave us short of runners and you can get games like Saturday. We'll win most of them but they will be tough frustrating 90mins.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Khaldoon/Txiki keep telling us how great they are for getting the deals done early and all that, but yet on the last day they seem ready to sell Negredo and not replace him. Surely this boils down to whether they want 4 strikers in the squad or 3. This simple decision should have been taken months ago, its not something you just leave to chance.

For that reason I don't see Negredo leaving, but I would now sell (but obviously replace) as he wants to leave, and being forced to stay after being so close to a move would only make him and his family more eager to return to Spain. And yes I'm fucking flapping.
You don't know what Negredo's situation, how he reacted to CL squad list, and it requires a bid from a Spanish club that he would be happy to join (there are probably only 3 or 4 such clubs)

If we let negredo go without a replacement then we are arguably weaker than last season.

Aguero always looks a game away from injury, Dzeko has shown before that although he can score regularily he is capable of going numbers of games without scoring. Jovetic is a bonus but he has had lots of injuries in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.