Valencia in for Negredo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluestones said:
Just don't understand this Negredo transfer. Must be something more behind the scenes that we don't know, because he was one of the stars of last season for me, and I would rather have him than three Dzekos.
His partner is unhappy and he's the one likely to lose out in the Champions League.

BigOscar said:
pavelsrnicek said:
BigOscar said:
I'd let him go, if by January we look like we need a 4th striker then we can do something about it then. Dzeko is indestructable anyway

Hope you haven't jinxed him.

The worry is that if Negredo goes we have 3 very good forwards but 2 of them have missed a lot matches last season through injury so we could end up with Edin on his own for while...
I wouldn't mind that. A lot of us are always complaining about how Yaya can't play in a midfield 2 anyway, could work out as a blessing in disguise to be forced to play a midfield 3 instead.

And what happens if Yaya leaves in Jan for AFCON?

There could be a real downgrade in attack, and that's if our remaining strikers stay fit.

Obviously it almost definitely won't happen, but just out of curiosity, would it be possible to cancel David Villa's loan deal to Melbourne City and get him to the Etihad?

Even if we replace him we would be telling the replacement there is no champions league, maybe we think if we get our books to UEFA by December we can get our 17th player accepted and we will replace him in January, only a guess though. There was talk last night we were running things past UEFA.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BigOscar said:
pavelsrnicek said:
Hope you haven't jinxed him.

The worry is that if Negredo goes we have 3 very good forwards but 2 of them have missed a lot matches last season through injury so we could end up with Edin on his own for while...
I wouldn't mind that. A lot of us are always complaining about how Yaya can't play in a midfield 2 anyway, could work out as a blessing in disguise to be forced to play a midfield 3 instead.

There could be a real downgrade in attack, and that's if our remaining strikers stay fit.
If Aguero and Jovetic are injured in January, then we can bring someone in then to cover, if not then we don't need to.

BigOscar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BigOscar said:

If Aguero and Jovetic are injured in January, then we can bring someone in then to cover, if not then we don't need to.

AFCON this season makes a big difference - If Negredo is sold and no replacement comes in we are a weaker team this season than last

onceabluealways said:
BigOscar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

AFCON this season makes a big difference - If Negredo is sold and no replacement comes in we are a weaker team this season than last
Not sure about that. Weaker up front maybe but midfield and defence is stronger. Remember we had Aguero and Jovetic missing for much of last season - if that happened again though we'd be in trouble

onceabluealways said:
BigOscar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Absolutely this, people seem to have forgotten two things firstly how well Negredo and Aguero played together early last season, they tore so many defences apart and secondly at one stage last year we had one fit forward in Dzeko.

BigOscar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BigOscar said:

Always ifs and buts. We cannot take the risk running with 3 strikers, regardless of Toure and Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.