Van De Vart {merged}

VDV has been for sale for weeks at £18m. At that price 'Arry didn't have the slightest interest. At the last minute (last two hours actually) the price is reduced by about 60% and our barrowboy's eyeballs are out on stalks. There's no way anyone can get a deal done in that time - so another fiddle and rule bending gets 'Arry into the rose bed.

Benjani and VDV were both outside the window. Both should have been kiboshed but we all know that our FA, Platini's Uefa and Blatter's FIFA make the rules up as they go along.

Re: Harry's request for special dispensation...

THFC86 said:
dpkmanc said:
I know this sort of thing has happened in the past but I think now is the time the authorities put a stop to it! It's ruining football, is this.
Really? Come off it.

Right. Here's where I stand. TBH, when SSN announced the interest in a Dutch international, I immediately (stupidly tbh) dreamed of Robben, Afellay, maybe even Sneijder, and was almost disappointed when I heard VDV, but I've since changed my view, and think he'd be an excellent signing.

According to reports, Levy was informed of the £8m value Madrid had offered us at 4 pm. Why it took us 1 hour 55 to make a bid is beyond me, although a belief is that the original offer was for a loan, and Madrid changed their mind near the end.

In any case, the deal was finalized after the 6 pm deadline, hence I think the transfer shouldn't go through. There is little point in a deadline if it is blatantly ignored. There is obviously no technical error, it's just bull, but I still think the deal will go through.

Having spoken to the Director of Comms at Spurs and similar at Real Madrid last night (both clubs are clients of mine, along with Citeh and your neighbours), the hold up was at the PL end of things.....

Real issued a receipt of sale at 5:57pm (uk time) which was sent to the English FA, where it was approved and sent to the PL for ratification..... this is where there seems to have been some problem.... the registration documents were a few mins after 6pm, but this is not the crucial part of the deal... if the receipt of sale is prior to 6pm which it was then it is assumed that the deal has been finalised, the registration will get sent through shortly afterwards.... the problem for Spurs was that shortly afterwards was 6:10pm....

The FAPL have had all the player transfers done yesterday to process today which is why the delay in announcing the final deal......

marcspurs said:
THFC86 said:
Really? Come off it.

Right. Here's where I stand. TBH, when SSN announced the interest in a Dutch international, I immediately (stupidly tbh) dreamed of Robben, Afellay, maybe even Sneijder, and was almost disappointed when I heard VDV, but I've since changed my view, and think he'd be an excellent signing.

According to reports, Levy was informed of the £8m value Madrid had offered us at 4 pm. Why it took us 1 hour 55 to make a bid is beyond me, although a belief is that the original offer was for a loan, and Madrid changed their mind near the end.

In any case, the deal was finalized after the 6 pm deadline, hence I think the transfer shouldn't go through. There is little point in a deadline if it is blatantly ignored. There is obviously no technical error, it's just bull, but I still think the deal will go through.

Having spoken to the Director of Comms at Spurs and similar at Real Madrid last night (both clubs are clients of mine, along with Citeh and your neighbours), the hold up was at the PL end of things.....

Real issued a receipt of sale at 5:57pm (uk time) which was sent to the English FA, where it was approved and sent to the PL for ratification..... this is where there seems to have been some problem.... the registration documents were a few mins after 6pm, but this is not the crucial part of the deal... if the receipt of sale is prior to 6pm which it was then it is assumed that the deal has been finalised, the registration will get sent through shortly afterwards.... the problem for Spurs was that shortly afterwards was 6:10pm....

The FAPL have had all the player transfers done yesterday to process today which is why the delay in announcing the final deal......

But why wait till the last minute?

marcspurs said:
THFC86 said:
Really? Come off it.

Hmm, because Spurs and Madrid would have no reason to lie.........

rag said:
marcspurs said:

That I can't answer.... unfortunately a very Daniel Levy type thing to do.... It's funny, I read all the Harry dodgy deals comments, yet he has nothing to do with (a) transfer deals or (b) money....... all done by Daniel Levy who let us remember screwed £32m and £19m out of your neighbours for Berba and Carrick (who cost Spurs £13m in total)..... and now Darren Eales our club secretary....... Harry has nothing to do with neg transfers....

He tells the chairman who he wants and the chairman does his stuff..... all be it a little bit last minute.com

Very annoying for us fans at times.....

rag said:
marcspurs said:

It would appear that our Arry is just one of lifes lucky fookers coz for the price to come down so much and to know about such a deal and complete 2 hours from the deadline is nothing short of fookin incredible

marcspurs said:
rag said:

That I can't answer.... unfortunately a very Daniel Levy type thing to do.... It's funny, I read all the Harry dodgy deals comments, yet he has nothing to do with (a) transfer deals or (b) money....... all done by Daniel Levy who let us remember screwed £32m and £19m out of your neighbours for Berba and Carrick (who cost Spurs £13m in total)..... and now Darren Eales our club secretary....... Harry has nothing to do with neg transfers....

He tells the chairman who he wants and the chairman does his stuff..... all be it a little bit last minute.com

True but it is not the area that you don't need to strengthen?

marcspurs said:
rag said:

So Mr. Levy is the king of spivs then - that would stack up - oh by the way it was CITY who screwed the extra 4mill out of the scum for Berbaflop by making a higher offer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.