Van De Vart {merged}

Incredible price, yet city are paying 3 times the money for similar players. The joke of the world.

Why didn´t they sign him before at 18m ? Or was it all one big fookin smokescreen whilst Spuds waited till the last minute to get their bargain

BlueSinclair said:
Incredible price, yet city are paying 3 times the money for similar players. The joke of the world.

Just an inkling, you're not really a City supporter are you.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
VDV has been for sale for weeks at £18m. At that price 'Arry didn't have the slightest interest. At the last minute (last two hours actually) the price is reduced by about 60% and our barrowboy's eyeballs are out on stalks. There's no way anyone can get a deal done in that time - so another fiddle and rule bending gets 'Arry into the rose bed.

Benjani and VDV were both outside the window. Both should have been kiboshed but we all know that our FA, Platini's Uefa and Blatter's FIFA make the rules up as they go along.

Make that 16 months Dave.

He was hawked around in April 09 for £8M.

BlueSinclair said:

This in answer to a previous post.........

We may not have needed to strengthen in that area but at less than a third of what Milner cost and only 3 years older (27 to 24) he is a bargain...... Over 80 caps for holland, huge CL experience and 120+ goals in 320 odd club games from midfield actually is an area we have been short in for ages, a goalscoring midfielder.....

And there are a number of ways to incorporate him into our line up.....

We needed another keeper (Pletikosa over 80 caps for Croatia), we needed a CB (Gallas over 80 caps for France), we needed a goal scoring midfielder (Van der Vaart over 80 caps for Holland)...... add to those Sandro a young Brazilian International who just won the Copa Libertadores ...... a good window for us.....

Would have liked a top top top striker..... but no point buying any old striker just for the sake of it.....

marcspurs said:

Care to expand on this?

With everyone at full strength, I struggle to really find a place to put him in without weakening other areas. Does Bale move to full back (much less effective there), does he replace Modric (not much of a change), does he replace Huddlestone or Palacios (too lightweight in midfield) ro does he replace a striker (not really the Bent Arry way).

Will be interested to see where Spurs supporters se him fitting in.

marcspurs said:
BlueSinclair said:

This in answer to a previous post.........

We may not have needed to strengthen in that area but at less than a third of what Milner cost and only 3 years older (27 to 24) he is a bargain...... Over 80 caps for holland, huge CL experience and 120+ goals in 320 odd club games from midfield actually is an area we have been short in for ages, a goalscoring midfielder.....

We needed another keeper (Pletikosa over 80 caps for Croatia), we needed a CB (Gallas over 80 caps for France), we needed a goal scoring midfielder (Van der Vaart over 80 caps for Holland)...... add to those Sandro a young Brazilian International who just won the Copa Libertadores ...... a good window for us.....

Would have liked a top top top striker..... but no point buying any old striker just for the sake of it.....

True but you were looking at Craig Bellamy with intent:)

RichieTHFC said:
Bargain of the summer at £8m. Hopefully he can make an impact in the Premiership
I do believe the bargain of the summer is a young Mr Ozil, not an Van 'I'm lost without Ajax and can't play football' Der Vaart.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW1122xjm64[/youtube]

This guy? Ha. Outpaced by the speedstar that is Super Mario Gomez.

Great signing 'arry. Technical difficulties my arse but I'm just glad you haven't signed a top class player. Slow as fuck and will get found out straight away. I bet he has a good first few games and then defenders will realise what he is. A Dutch Elano.

moomba said:
marcspurs said:

Care to expand on this?

With everyone at full strength, I struggle to really find a place to put him in without weakening other areas. Does Bale move to full back (much less effective there), does he replace Modric (not much of a change), does he replace Huddlestone or Palacios (too lightweight in midfield) ro does he replace a striker (not really the Bent Arry way).

Will be interested to see where Spurs supporters se him fitting in.

Its going to be either 4-5-1 wait Bale, Lennon, Modric, Huddlestone and VdV OR a 4-4-2 with Bale at LB and VdV left mid. IMO these are really the only ways I can see incorporating him in our side

Bale was excellent for us last season playing at left back, and Harry has said he sees Bale as a left back. The kid has only just turned 21, has a lot of time to learn the art of defending

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.