Van De Vart {merged}

marcspurs said:
Just to reply to the why has no one else bought him, he was hawked around this time last year.....

Well he was not...... a couple of clubs were interested last summer and as his wife was halfway through her treatment for breast cancer in Madrid he decided to stay until she was in remission....and had finished her treatment.....

He is also one of those players that it is not obvious where he fits in.... and for the money they wanted originally it was never a goer.....Madrid have 4 players without him that play in the 2nd striker or one of a front 3 position and they have had the 25 man squad ruling longer than we have....

Not sure I would call him World Class.... but then it is a much over used saying these days..

Messi is World Class......

Are you buying into the knock down bargain price spin? And do you honestly believe he wasn't available? The 8m figure is the one that has been widely quoted for the last year.

Doesn't look like I can hotlink this but you get the point?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=van+der+vaart+8m&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&sa=X&ei=aIB-TPevN8vc4gbVvpSVDQ&ved=0CAwQpwU4jgI&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A20%2F09%2F2009%2Ccd_max%3A20%2F08%2F2010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=van+de ... F08%2F2010</a>

They can have him.

Watched him his whole career, and I'm still far from impressed. Yet another one who is better on Football Manager than in real life. I'd much rather have Toure thanks.

So Baconface could of bought Van Der Vaart for £8m but decided to buy a homeless player we have never heard and he had never seen for the same price.

Now THATS what I call kamikaze spending ;)

On paper it is certainly a good signing, he is definitely a champions league standard player.

I would have been happy if we signed him, but the players we got instead are in my opinion a little bit better, so I'm glad we got them instead.

City get the lawyers ready! We can't sign Mariga but Spuds can bend the rules for Van De Vaart.

If they finish above us lets start a Sheffield United type lawsuit ;)

I think he adds to Spurs' depth of squad but does not add much quality at all. It will be interesting to see how he goes but I have to say he has never struck me as a major talent.

I couldn't see him getting into City's team, but then apart from Bale and King I wouldn't be interested in any others as first teamers. Spurs finsihed above us as they are a better 'team'. Not something that people have been able to say about Spurs very often in the last 20 years or so.

Looking at the deal it appears that it wasn't planned at all, and Spurs simply decided to sign him as they think he is a bargain. It was very leftfield. Spurs need a striker who can lay upfront on his own and not another attacking midget. They make plenty of chances and have good balance at the moment.

Noodles singalong said:
their team is miles better than citehs
Not much in it, but wait until you see City with Boateng, Kolarov & Balotelli after they have played together for a couple of months

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.