Van De Vart {merged}

lloydie said:
marcspurs said:
Just to reply to the why has no one else bought him, he was hawked around this time last year.....

Well he was not...... a couple of clubs were interested last summer and as his wife was halfway through her treatment for breast cancer in Madrid he decided to stay until she was in remission....and had finished her treatment.....

He is also one of those players that it is not obvious where he fits in.... and for the money they wanted originally it was never a goer.....Madrid have 4 players without him that play in the 2nd striker or one of a front 3 position and they have had the 25 man squad ruling longer than we have....

Not sure I would call him World Class.... but then it is a much over used saying these days..

Messi is World Class......

Are you buying into the knock down bargain price spin? And do you honestly believe he wasn't available? The 8m figure is the one that has been widely quoted for the last year.

Doesn't look like I can hotlink this but you get the point?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=van+der+vaart+8m&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&sa=X&ei=aIB-TPevN8vc4gbVvpSVDQ&ved=0CAwQpwU4jgI&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A20%2F09%2F2009%2Ccd_max%3A20%2F08%2F2010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=van+de ... F08%2F2010</a>

Put simply I'd just say don't believe everything you read in newspapers. I personally believe that he didn't want to move while his wife was undergoing cancer treatment, more believable than newspaper rumours anyhow

Spurs have pulled off some decent transfers but this one takes the piss. It makes a mockery of the so called deadline day 6pm cut off.
Someone is definatley lying about the price of him and my thoughts are that he knew exactly what price van der vaart was well in advance of yesterday, bent arry just held off till the last minute knowing that the premier league and fa would suck his cock and let it all go through.
Fucking joke of a manager

He's gone now, ninja Ducado got him.

What a weird thing to do. Spurs sign a Football Manager Great and a decent player in real life, and the first thing that happens is that we get an influx of Spurs fans.

For the record, Spurs DO have a good team and they are probably the most entertaining to watch at the moment in the league. WHL doesn't half make some noise when it wants to, and the team react to it by playing fast and pacey football.

I have nothing but respect for Spurs at the moment, and hope they do well albeit not at our expense.

Still though, your manager is a fucking ****.

I hope teams get fined for not being able to do business during the window.

He'll be a good signing for Spurs, he'll be their Lampard. But it'll make them a much easier team to play against.

Damocles said:
I have nothing but respect for Spurs at the moment, and hope they do well albeit not at our expense.

Still though, your manager is a fucking ****.

Have to echo that. Good luck to Spurs, but I seriously think Harry is one trick pony.

What gets my goat about Harry is he gets credit where it very often isn't due.
(oh and he's lucky manager, and we never get one of those!)

VDV: He didn't get 10 million off as Madrid have confirmed, he would have been widely available for that price ever since Ozil and Kadeira arrived in Madrid (or earlier if you believe the papers since last year)

He's gelled his squad but to say he's shrewd in the market is an exagerration (other than he picks up leftover scraps of other clubs and taps up via the media)

His transfer's at Spurs, aside from little and large he's essentially using the squad built by Damien Comolli.

VDV (8 million is a fair price, but you'll find he's exactly that - an 8 million pound player)
Gallas
Sandro
Younes Kaboul (from Portsmouth)
Eidur Gudjohnsen (loan)
Niko Kranjcar (from Portsmouth)
Sebastien Bassong
Peter Crouch (from Portsmouth)
Kyle Naughton
Kyle Walker
Robbie Keane
Pascal Chimbonda
Carlo Cudicini
Wilson Palacios
oh and Defoe (from guess who)

That makes 2 starters from his long list of average purchases, and it's well aknowledged among Spurs fans that Defoe/Crouch is pretty much the weakest area of their team.

Limited football knowledge: limited to old club raiding hence and odd "FM" transfer (VDV, Sandro is good on FM too...)

Don't give a toss about this tbh, spuds can do what they like, fact is
this year will be there one and only appearance in the champs league.
They better make the most of it, they won't make the top 5 this year.
Well, not without some help they won't and I wouldn't put that past
the bent f*&%^$s that are running football in this country.

good player, solid bloke, nothing more, nothing less.

isn't much of a gamble but then again won't set the world alight if I'm honest.

One thing's for sure, people have a go at us and say we'll have squad disharmony issues, well Harry's gonna have some fucking problems if he doesn't get his right too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.