VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
When VAR was first introduced they said it would overturn’clear and obvious’ errors. ‘Clear and obvious’. A mm offside is not ‘clear and obvious’. Common sense - remember that? We used to use it once upon a time. We should be looking at decisions and asking would we have expected an official to actually spot that? If not then it should be left alone. But that would be using that strange thing called ‘common sense’.

Need to find a way of mass protest without risking fans season tickets and arrest.

Walk outs during the games. Demonstrations to prevent media coverage of our games. It could be done.

We need to join forces with other fans.

When VAR was first introduced they said it would overturn’clear and obvious’ errors. ‘Clear and obvious’. A mm offside is not ‘clear and obvious’. Common sense - remember that? We used to use it once upon a time. We should be looking at decisions and asking would we have expected an official to actually spot that? If not then it should be left alone. But that would be using that strange thing called ‘common sense’.
Clear and obvious was never a criterion for offside because they believe it’s black and white. My issue is that they trying to apply laboratory type measurement to determine the offside, which is nonsense as the tech isn’t up to it, but more importantly is the the reason for offside, which wasn’t to penalise a player for being a fraction in front of his opponents it was to stop “goal hanging” So, if they let the lino decide but intervene if it clear and obvious that a player was offside then that would be fine, and a sensible use of the tech. Then there is handball which they’ve messed around with the interpretation of many times trying to make it “black and white” there by making a total nonsense of it.
Can the fans get rid of VAR? Unfortunately there is too much club rivalry to all get together and be a force so, probably no Could the players and non playing staff? Yes they could and hopefully the players will get sick of it and demand changes

In a parallel universe VAR turned over the decision to disallow the perfectly legitimate goal Sane scored against Liverpool. City went in 2:0 up at half time and went on to win the game! I think VAR needs a few tweaks but I don't want to go back to having perfectly good goals being disallowed.
Over the 2 legs there were a number of decisions that went against us, and not one for us...yet there is no agenda.

It's come too far. There is no going back because it is now world wide across various leagues (and Internationals too). It's not the tech, it's the buffoons running it.
The thing is that it could be fixed, although whoever put PiGMOL in charge will find it impossible to get shot of the idiots. No idea what the contract was but the sooner they can get ex-footballer, ex-referees and the like to officiate the better.
It can’t be fixed. As long as you can’t celebrate a goal being scored in the moment the sport as we knew it will never be the same.

And murder their own baby?
Aye, but I think the reason this report was done (showing fans don't like it) and sports media are negative as much as they are this year (much more than last season), is because lfc are being adversely affected by it. All those lfc/utd fanboy reporters are now making this a thing.

I might be wrong but last year it wasn't as much a problem when lfc were benefiting from it.

What if when we went back we all turned our backs or something? No one wants it and it is ruining the game.

Do you think some sort of fan demonstration could be a success in seeing this farce off??

Or am I being delusional?
I wish we could but I’m not sure it would happen and, even if it did, I’m not sure of it would make a difference :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.