VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
More fool them, you play to the whistle not the flag. The ref is not obliged to stop play if the assistant flags - in this case the ref was quite correct to let play continue as the attack was continuing. Sian Massey made an error by raising the flag too soon, unusually because she's one of the better assistants.
I agree with you, I was answering Xhavenjoe who said the ref had missed the flag.
BUT my point, as this is the VAR thread, you cannot have 3 officials and VAR as it leads to these cock ups.

I agree with you, I was answering Xhavenjoe who said the ref had missed the flag.
BUT my point, as this is the VAR thread, you cannot have 3 officials and VAR as it leads to these cock ups.

why is getting the correct decision a cock up ?

The cock up would have been without VAR and the lino getting it wrong.

Exactly mate,I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt and just put it down to just having a brain freeze as she normally is very good at running the line ..
Tbf I've always thought of her has been as being fair and above board.

But that has now been a few occasions where she has tried to do us over.

I have seen her at the PiGMOB inset sessions at StGeorges where they are taught how to shit on Manchester City.

BUT my point, as this is the VAR, you cannot have 3 officials and VAR as it leads to these cock ups.
Play starts and stops only on the ref's whistle, the assistants are there to do just that, to assist but not to decide when play stops. Tonight the assistant made an error but the ref correctly allowed play to go on and VAR correctly overruled the offside flag.

why is getting the correct decision a cock up ?

The cock up would have been without VAR and the lino getting it wrong.
Because often it takes 4 or 5 minutes for them to make a decision and often it is still not the correct one.
VAR was in our favour tonight but it is not good for the game, it slows it down, the idiots are inconsistent in the decisions they make and it is killing football.

I have seen her at the PiGMOB inset sessions at StGeorges where they are taught how to shit on Manchester City.
Yeah to be fair that’s what I was thinking but give her the benefit of doubt what other reason could there be apart from genuine mistake or doing us over, can’t remember any other incidents involving her and us mate ...

and she didn't really put it up till Bernie had turned towards goal, so whatever she's up to didn't work this time.

Because often it takes 4 or 5 minutes for them to make a decision and often it is still not the correct one.
VAR was in our favour tonight but it is not good for the game, it slows it down, the idiots are inconsistent in the decisions they make and it is killing football.

Is it really killing football ? Honestly ?

Global viewing is at an all time high.
Attendances will rocket back after the pandemic, and look how many on here say they are finished with the game then we have hundreds of pages in the match day threads.

VAR hasn’t killed the game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.