VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this put to bed VAR is not designed in their favour ?
Possibly, but still feel we get done over more than others. It's still a tool that can and for me will be manipulated to decide games at certain points and the Stones example for me would have been called a pen in certain games with multiple replays being shown and the commentators putting their spin on it to highlight the fact.

I also think that the amount of decisions certain teams have had already has got them into the position they are now and at this point it will become less obvious unless against us.

but United and Liverpool need the points now more than ever, but in recent weeks decisions are not going on there favour and they’re crying about VAR and corruption probably

You only think that as you watch every City game. Var has also awarded us two goals that Sian Massey-Ellis has tried to disallow.
Both mistakes by her if i recall ? It's always going to cause debate whichever side you follow. Between VAR and officiating we definitely get treated differently, whether its cards for fouling or VAR not getting multiple replays to see incidents to me it still stinks.

but United and Liverpool need the points now more than ever, but in recent weeks decisions are not going on there favour and they’re crying about VAR and corruption probably
My point is they have already benefitted enough from officiating and VAR to get them where they are, it's fine margins but they will always be treated differently in my eyes, the start of the season gets forgotten by everyone at this point and they both wouldn't be where they are if the fine margins went the other way.

The game on Saturday was the final nail for me. So much fouling in the penalty area and non of it called even after being reviewed by VAR. Even the commentators asked how the Stones foul was not given. Still nothing will happen. Bit like Bori getting away with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.