Var debate 2019/20

"All will be fine with VAR, it just needs to settle in. Once we get used to it, blah, blah, blah." Seems we're not alone in thinking it's utter dogshit:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...h-goals-var-controversy-and-sinisa-mihajlovic

But what can we do? TV love it, TV viewers love it and the fans at the match think it's shit. I know who'll be the winner in that contest. And it ain't the match-going fan.
We HAVE to put a stop to this bullshit.

I am TV viewer thousands of miles away and absolutely hate it with a passion.

So after reading a number of these posts, am I right in thinking that the entire FA, the referees association, Sky TV, literally everyone influential in football, is part of a league wide conspiracy to punish Manchester City more than Liverpool, and to give Liverpool an unfair advantage in the league?

This is genuinely what people are saying/implying?

So after reading a number of these posts, am I right in thinking that the entire FA, the referees association, Sky TV, literally everyone influential in football, is part of a league wide conspiracy to punish Manchester City more than Liverpool, and to give Liverpool an unfair advantage in the league?

No, it’s what a handful of conspiracy theorists are saying. Most people just think VAR is shit. Hope that helps.

Could just be your paranoia ?

FA/ref association should do the following in the international break:

Stop VAR making the decisions re-penalties and red cards. VAR should simply allow the ref to review these decisions on the big screen and empower him to change mind if angle necessitates that. He should then say why change or not which if not vocalised to fans should at least be displayed on the screen.

Speed up VAR for offside decisions. We know there is a margin of error so for me VAR should draw a line beyond that margin of error, say 12 inches, and if player beyond that margin then clearly off. If not then it’s an equivocal decision and decision made by linesman sticks. This will clearly speed up the process.

Hand ball - rule needs changed back to intentional or not.

Make all penalty decisions to be rechecked by ref as a matter of course on big screen.

Just some thoughts to try and put the ref in control, even if subjective decisions, we know it’s the ref and not some fan in a van wearing a T shirt claiming to support football team X.

No...La

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.