Var debate 2019/20

The Celtic v Rangers game was a reminder of life without VAR, so many off ball incidences unnoticed by the officials and a offside goal given, Gerrard is now calling for it in Scotland.
I've no doubt he has called for it in Scotland, he's seen how it's being used to manipulate the league here to bring his beloved 'pool their first premier league title (something he couldn't manage on the pitch) and he probably hopes Rangers may get the same helping hand in the future.

The Celtic v Rangers game was a reminder of life without VAR, so many off ball incidences unnoticed by the officials and a offside goal given, Gerrard is now calling for it in Scotland.

Well Gerrard has seen how much help his old club is having with VAR so of course he wants it !! He might change his mind if VAR are signed by Celtic !!

I bet it was a much better game for it though.

I bet it was a much better game for it though.

READ MORE
Another wrote: “Why doesn’t Scotland have var .. Celtic’s goal was clearly offside.”

A third said: “Rangers denied 3 clear penalties and Celtic scored from a ball into the box where 3 Celtic players are offside. Credit to Willie Collum, he done his team proud today.”

A fourth tweeted: “How can a linesman stand and see 3 celtic shirts on his side and not give an offside.”

Another posted: “Farse. Because Scotland can't afford VAR Celtic win with an offside goal.

READ MORE
Another wrote: “Why doesn’t Scotland have var .. Celtic’s goal was clearly offside.”

A third said: “Rangers denied 3 clear penalties and Celtic scored from a ball into the box where 3 Celtic players are offside. Credit to Willie Collum, he done his team proud today.”

A fourth tweeted: “How can a linesman stand and see 3 celtic shirts on his side and not give an offside.”

Another posted: “Farse. Because Scotland can't afford VAR Celtic win with an offside goal.
Reads like one of City's games with VAR.

Does anyone think that once it is 100% certain the dippers will win the league than City will start getting some dodge VAR decisions in our favour. So they can than say it's the same for all clubs or it evens its self out over a season .
You'll be right about a few decisions going our way once they are no longer crucial.
The farce about it is the hope was that VAR would eliminate phrases such as "evens out over the season" being used as a excuse for mistakes.

READ MORE

That sounds like the aftermath of one of our games or what Liverpool's opposition that week say when VAR is used to justify the penalty/handball/elbow/stamp/offside goal/disallowed goal/dive decisions.

That sounds like the aftermath of one of our games or what Liverpool's opposition that week say when VAR is used to justify the penalty/handball/elbow/stamp/offside goal/disallowed goal/dive decisions.

I get what you are saying but it would be the aftermath of every game without VAR like before, every match was dominated by how bad the refs was, the diving, cheating etc.
We know without VAR the officials can not cope with the game and have to make blind decisions - I don’t see how we could revert back to that.

I’ve always said it, VAR should have been bought in more slowly - ie: just for this season - VAR to be used for handball decisions. Then next season VAR for handball and offside decisions etc. Slow implementation is the only way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.