Var debate 2019/20

No, the original idea was a 2 challenge system per half. If you're challenging a tackle, that would be fooking stupid, especially if it's shown as the oppo got the ball.

You use them in potential game changing situations.

We'd have challenged the non pen and I absolutely guarantee nobody would have challenged Jesus' goal.

Nobody had their hands up or hounded the ref.

It's a no brainer.
They will probably keep the “every goal is checked by VAR” rule and simply ADD two challenges. Rodri foul would have definitely been a challenge, but I STILL think the VAR refs wouldn’t have given it, because they’re not going to overturn the refs decision UNLESS IT IS SO OBVIOUS IT WOULD BE SEEN AS BENT.

FWIW, feels like we are rapidly approaching that point with the “armpit offside” call, where a big fat 3D dashed line gives a 1 mm offside call. Sheer stupidity, especially because it is when you freeze frame the play that matters, and no one seems to be able to get close enough to the actual pass to be able to see when the pass is actually made!

Is it when he touches it? When it moves forward? Or when it leaves his foot? When an attacker is in the move, there is no way to say he is a few millimeters offside when you have no idea when the ball is actually PASSED to him!

Gave up my season card this season after years thanks to VAR. Having watched the first two games of the season I will no longer be bothering with football in general and City in particular. Not looking for attention and just want to say goodbye to my fellow blues. 48 years of following this Barmy club has been a fucking joy. Time to tune out.

Saddest thing I've read, stick with it m8. There is no chance that it going to last in its current form.

Takes any joy out of the game whatsoever for match. Second time now in four months that I was celebrating and then had it torn away from me like that

Based on the laws of the game it was the correct decision, but it ruins the game. I thought the same when Sergio got to retake that penalty last week

Pep mentioned it briefly but the club must bring up the non var penalty decision and ask serious questions over var. how we did not get that is crazy, well not really due to Oliver as bent as they come when he officiates our games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.