Var debate 2019/20

Premier League managers have contacted FIFA, asking for the handball rule to change, with the League Managers' Association listing instances where goals have been harshly ruled out after VAR intervention. [via @MirrorFootball]

It’s become more and more farcical as the season has developed and there is no longer any sporting integrity left. Decisions that could favour a team because of a pitch side tv review wouldn’t have favoured others at the start of the season when it wasn’t being used that way. That gives teams an advantage or disadvantage depending on the circumstances. Changing the implementation of the Sytem as we go is, for me, corrupt. That’s what it is. It is being staged managed and everything about VAR this season should provide even the biggest naysayers all the proof in the world.

This is no longer about a ‘new system’ and that we are ‘still learning’. This is a choice. It is a calculated decision to move goal posts and like I said above the integrity has now gone.

Are we a deliberate victim? I believe we are but that is another debate not for this topic.

VAR in principle either had to be left, even if it wasn’t working, or removed entirely whilst the process was addressed. That is a rational way to look at it but what’s actually happened is neither and that for me is outright cheating.

They put out a statement during the game to say it had been done,it was as tight as all the others being checked but there was no var check shown on tv and they still can't produce it,they flat out lied,proof if anyone still needs it,it still grinds my gears

There was no VAR check done. It has been swept away under the carpet. The initial argument is that the system wasn’t working on the day, there were things moving around in social media circles on the day that that was the case. The more I’ve thought about it I no longer agree that is what happened. At the time I did.

I believe the system was fully operative. They just chose not to use it.

Sky have a lot to answer for that day. They were using there own tech for VAR calls and not one cuñt has stepped up to shout about it.

They haven’t done that this season. Whenever a VAR review is called it is clear that it’s not there tech, the pictures the consumer see are those of the official VAR process.

I maintain that game was rigged from the start and that many people know about it, they just dare not speak out.

As PEG once said, if I speak I’ll be in trouble.

Referees have been told to start using pitchside monitors in Premier League matches from this weekend when the VAR wants to change a decision on a red card. [@martynziegler]

Taking the piss now,look we are using the monitors for something that hardly happens
From day one -var will NOT interfere with the referees decision on red cards and penalties and linesmen/women will not raise their flag for offside decisions ,referees are discouraged to use the pitchside monitors as it could slow the game down
today- complete opposite

Can't fully blame it for the Palace result but if that was Liverpool they would of been given the decision and rescued the point (or even won the game). The point still remains.

Last edited:
We’ve been told all season , touches the arm , deliberate or not it’s a pen , we’ve had to take the Laporte disallowed goal because it’s the new rule .
2 blatant ones at Anfield & the pen today denied because ‘it wasn’t deliberate’ , stick the game up your arse i’m Finished .

We’ve been told all season , touches the are , deliberate or not it’s a pen , we’ve had to take the Laporte disallowed goal because it’s the new rule .
2 blatant ones at Anfield & the pen today denied because ‘it wasn’t deliberate’ , stick the game
We are just unlucky, honestly.

His arm was in a totally natural position for someone pretending to be a helicopter and so what if it stops a cross reaching the striker?
Won’t be long till the exact same thing will be given as a pen , it’s corrupt as fuck , all depends on which team it is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.