VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But it encourages law changes and different interpretations to "assist" or "benefit from" VAR.

Without doubt.

FIFA were actually against VAR for a long time due to that reason. It was ironically pressure from all the people who now want it scrapped, that forced their hand.

Webb has confirmed that the “Mic’d up” show is going to be a regular monthly programme, starting in September.

I’ll forgive them the rather underwhelming pilot show last season. Hopefully we’ll get to see/ hear something of a bit more interest.

Webb has confirmed that the “Mic’d up” show is going to be a regular monthly programme, starting in September.

I’ll forgive them the rather underwhelming pilot show last season. Hopefully we’ll get to see/ hear something of a bit more interest.
I have my doubts.

It will be heavily edited, and will only feature events that paint ref's in a positive light. All the underhand stuff (like the decision making process to award the Rag's THAT blatant offside goal against us) will still be kept under wraps.

We'll get the fluff. They're never going to highlight the stuff we all talk about except to confirm it was handled correctly whilst we all scratch our heads at the answer.

I think it will be like the Walton experience, more frustrating than helpful. It will be used to highlight how well PGMOL have done and strengthen their product.

Apparently semi-automated technology (SAOT) is not on the agenda and won't be coming to the PL anytime soon. Funny because Serie A introduced it in January after the World Cup.

Discussed and explained 1 minute in (turn closed captioning on)...

We know why because it will half Rashford's goal scoring total.

I have my doubts.

It will be heavily edited, and will only feature events that paint ref's in a positive light. All the underhand stuff (like the decision making process to award the Rag's THAT blatant offside goal against us) will still be kept under wraps.
Gonna be polishing some huge turds selling Attwell as a great ref.

Disgraceful tackle from Burnley on Walker. Ref and most refs would only have given Yellow in real time. Of course though VAR should be scrapped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.