VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Webb has confirmed that the “Mic’d up” show is going to be a regular monthly programme, starting in September.

I’ll forgive them the rather underwhelming pilot show last season. Hopefully we’ll get to see/ hear something of a bit more interest.
God speed on your solo mission to try and bring some objectivity to this thread. This will be my only post on this thread.

99% of people on here aren’t here to really debate VAR, they’re here to show how it is 100% corrupt against us.

All the best, Stephen.

God speed on your solo mission to try and bring some objectivity to this thread. This will be my only post on this thread.

99% of people on here aren’t here to really debate VAR, they’re here to show how it is 100% corrupt against us.

All the best, Stephen.

Worth noting all clubs feel there’s corruption and agenda’s against them. Boring and tedious.

First glance I just saw him taken down. Thought Walker was overreacting.
Then I saw the replay.
Can’t fathom how fans wouldn’t want a ref to have the chance of a second look.
Exactly the same Thought it was poor but in the replay it’s disgraceful A red all day long an hope the twat gets one back

Just seen the penalties Coote gave for Brighton and Luton. Is he taking the piss or gave the LOTG changed again. Mike Dean said yesterday that the Luton penalty wasn’t one as he wasn’t even looking at the ball. Didn’t stop refs last season giving penalties cough cough FA Cup final. More importantly Dunk‘s arm was in an entirely natural position, hit his elbow tucked into his body yet ref and VAR still give penalty. As for the Brighton one, Luton’s defender just stronger. Complete joke yet again.

Refs and VAR will always favour the bigger teams (including us). The likes of Luton will lose points in at least 3 games over the season. Apologies mean nothing when there isn't a sincere effort to not make the same mistake multiple times.

It's the non-top 6 imo who should be shouting for consistency.

Also it's all City's fault and deserve to be docked points.

Just seen the penalties Coote gave for Brighton and Luton. Is he taking the piss or gave the LOTG changed again. Mike Dean said yesterday that the Luton penalty wasn’t one as he wasn’t even looking at the ball. Didn’t stop refs last season giving penalties cough cough FA Cup final. More importantly Dunk‘s arm was in an entirely natural position, hit his elbow tucked into his body yet ref and VAR still give penalty. As for the Brighton one, Luton’s defender just stronger. Complete joke yet again.
It is becoming more and more difficult to anticipate when a penalty will be given. And I imagine it is getting especially frustrating for the players directly dealing with the growing inconsistency.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.