VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So how come the rags got called back to take a pen after full time?? Surely the end of the game is about as close as you can get to er, the end of the game?
Just askin the question mate, not disagreeing with your post..
I don't know why the rags had that, I believe at the time people were baffled.

I have said before on the ref thread before they seem to be making it up as they go along some of them

Last edited:
This is from BBC report about yesterday's error:-

"In December last year, an independent panel found that video assistant referees had made six incorrect interventions by that stage of the 2022-23 season, and had missed another six."

That seems too many to me. Is it worth the disprution that VAR brings?

It’s great that this has happened to a feted team. Opportunity for real change

If Webb has any sense he will ask the PL to suspend VAR until Xmas and use the time to work with fans players and clubs to improve it, to generate trust

You start with going back to first principles (help the ref, right obvious wrongs, and use proven tech that works). From there you layer on decision making protocols which use the LOTG and mic everyone up so that we can all hear it.

Over to you Howard…..
Will never happen unfortunately, as it means that they concede there is a problem.

I don't know why the rags had that, I believe at the time people were baffled.

I have said before on the ref thread before they seem to be making it up as they go along some of them
looking at some of the decisions yesterday Any layperson could have called those without a single shred of football knowledge ..
im lovin the irony of the dippers bemoaning their lot regarding VAR but by fuck they were shocking decisions.. The only decent call was the red for the over the top challenge, it was dangerous whether he slipped or not…

There needs to be a step change in the way VAR officials communicate and interpret what they see, it’s getting worse not better… Too many fuck ups with glaringly obvious calls missed or not called out, depending on who the officials are..

This is completely bonkers

I still think back to a goal we conceded at Anfield in the very first season of VAR. It was a very marginal offside from the view we had on TV. The day before an offside decision at Spurs had taken 4 minutes to be decided. Yet Salah was still celebrating when they said on Sky that the check was complete. At the time it seemed remarkably quick.

I still think back to a goal we conceded at Anfield in the very first season of VAR. It was a very marginal offside from the view we had on TV. The day before an offside decision at Spurs had taken 4 minutes to be decided. Yet Salah was still celebrating when they said on Sky that the check was complete. At the time it seemed remarkably quick.

And we now know, since then, that anfield lacks camera coverage in places. Linked? It’s ridiculous that a super rich club like Liverpool operate on a different playing field than the rest of the clubs

Not fit for purpose but you would think with the coverage, they were the only team to be on the end of a baffling decision. Clubs need to get together and demand a review into VAR as its not fit for purpose, whether its due to human error, bias, corruption or just incompetence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.