VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s great that this has happened to a feted team. Opportunity for real change

If Webb has any sense he will ask the PL to suspend VAR until Xmas and use the time to work with fans players and clubs to improve it, to generate trust

You start with going back to first principles (help the ref, right obvious wrongs, and use proven tech that works). From there you layer on decision making protocols which use the LOTG and mic everyone up so that we can all hear it.

Over to you Howard…..

How about the amount of decisions it actually over turns correctly ? It way outweighs the odd cock up decision.
Maybe. I don't the know figures in terms of how many decisions are correct pre and post VAR. I would expect VAR to improve accuracy, of course. I accept it will never be 100% correct for all decisions. But there still seems to be too many errors.

I was lead to believe it was 100% correct for offside, (frame tolerance aside). Now I'm not convinced.

Becasue once the ball is placed the game has resumed and the VAR official cannot interfere with the onfield ref at that point.
So how come the rags got called back to take a pen after full time?? Surely the end of the game is about as close as you can get to er, the end of the game?
Just askin the question mate, not disagreeing with your post..

It’s great that this has happened to a feted team. Opportunity for real change

If Webb has any sense he will ask the PL to suspend VAR until Xmas and use the time to work with fans players and clubs to improve it, to generate trust

You start with going back to first principles (help the ref, right obvious wrongs, and use proven tech that works). From there you layer on decision making protocols which use the LOTG and mic everyone up so that we can all hear it.

Over to you Howard…..

If you removed VAR yesterday the goal would still have been incorrectly disallowed.

There has to be more transparency in relation to how the system is being used. Every other sport that uses the technology allows the live audio to be heard. They won't allow live audio because they don't have any confidence in their ability to use the system. They're frightened that their incompetence will be laid bare.

PGMOL has admitted an error was made yesterday but given no information as to how it came about. Did the VAR make a decision not to draw the lines or was he unable to do so?

Darren England has been suspended for one game for what is effectively gross misconduct. What ever happened to just being sacked for being utterly shit at your job.
And replaced by Pawson who fucked up yesterday by not issuing a 2nd yellow that would no doubt have had a huge impact on our game and result but its not even mentioned in the media, nor on MOTD apparently and of course we did not bring it up as usual

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.