VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But weigh that against the delay in goal celebrations is it worth it? Football was ok for 100 years or more without VAR and now with it it is worse.

That glaring mistake yesterday looks as suspicious as fuck, so many angles to choose from and the official either couldn't be arsed or has took a bung.

IMHO it's one of the two.

It’s not really working is it. Funny when it happens to Liverpool but we‘ve had plenty of shit from var too, and there are way too many decisions that favour rags.

I used to think it was to cheat us but no way Liverpool would have bad decisions if that was the case, so I just think it’s incompetence. Plus it’s taken the spontaneous joy out of watching, you’re always thinking will they find a slight handball fifteen passes earlier to disallow it.

Football was better without var in its current state.
You need to go next level conspiracy mate: They're deliberately being incompetent to cover for when they want to be corrupt against us. If everyone thinks they're idiots, then they won't notice the corruption.

Replacing the officials isn't enough, it's just brushing it all under the carpet.

Sack them.

An odd world where we try to get rid of human error with VAR and the people working it are making human errors too.

I was reading Spurs community, KUMB, redcafe and RAWK last night and everyone thinks VAR is against them too. It's become more of a nuisance than the vuvezelas at the South African world cup

I've repeated myself ad-nauseam over it and I mentioned it before it would even come into the game it would ruin the sport. It started when Sky replays would show replay after replay of incidents to incite fans. People like Alan Hansen on MOTD would blame refs and stir the pot when even it wasn't possible to see.

I've seen at least 20 offsides against Spurs when we have scored. It's by toenails, finger tips, shoulders, hair, or the lines seem wonky etc. It's stupid. One day it's 3 minutes to make a decision, one day it's 20 seconds. Yesterday with Liverpool there is no lines and we carry on. I feel like we are being led up the garden path at times, like that show that dares people to do shit and see how far they can push it.

Time to scrap innocuous handballs, offsides and stick to dangerous fouls and goal line technology only

I don't think it was as broke as people make out, but it's always fun to blame a ref. If this was meant to fix referee error, and errors occur more frequently now, then something is very fishy to me

Will they release audio of this offside on MNF or is 48hrs to short notice to get their story sorted?

I think Darren England spilt his drink on the keyboard or accidentally shut down his PC when trying to draw the lines.

That glaring mistake yesterday looks as suspicious as fuck, so many angles to choose from and the official either couldn't be arsed or has took a bung.

IMHO it's one of the two.
Darren England, the VAR was not paying attention. He saw it was offside and said "check complete" to indicate that the onfield decision should stand. He assumed the onfield decision was goal because he did not look at the linesman flag which was raised. I don't know why he did not draw any lines on the screen.

Darren England, the VAR was not paying attention. He saw it was offside and said "check complete" to indicate that the onfield decision should stand. He assumed the onfield decision was goal because he did not look at the linesman flag which was raised. I don't know why he did not draw any lines on the screen.

The weird thing is just looking at it it was onside, weird decision.

But weigh that against the delay in goal celebrations is it worth it? Football was ok for 100 years or more without VAR and now with it it is worse.
Is it worth it? Probably not. Decisions are more likely to be correct with VAR than without VAR. But not 100% correct. The trade off is a small increase in accuracy for fewer goals and delays in goal celebrations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.