VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have they given a reason for the fuck up? I assume the software crashed when trying to measure it?

If it was human error then it's time for the 'Semi-Automated Offside Technology' (SAOT) to be implemented.
SAOT doesn't get paid.

VAR is a gravy train they're desperately trying to keep on the tracks.

I would love to know how much those people are on for such poor poor professionalism.

SAOT doesn't get paid.

VAR is a gravy train they're desperately trying to keep on the tracks.

I would love to know how much those people are on for such poor poor professionalism.

I would like them to be put in front of the press/media to explain how decision are made.

Re the dippers;
If its a case of not watching the game properly and professionally and missing what the on field ref saw then it is indeed a sackable offence. Or at the very least written/last warnings etc.
when you have however many people sat in a box getting that wrong then its totally unacceptable.
Football isnt only a game, its HUGE multi billion pound business

The biggest cop out VAR has is the ‘clear and obvious error’ shizz. It either is , or it isnt.

All other sports have VAR nailed on. And whats the common denominator ? Big screens and audio that we can ALL hear, whether at home or at the game. Thats has to be the rule going forward and united and liverpool must be ordered to comply. Tail has to stop wagging the dog and in a way the dippers and the rags not having screens leaves them partially to blame for continued fuck ups with VAR

That VAR decision yesterday vs the scousers was a shocker. It couldn't happen to a nicer club.
They've had a lot of decisions go their way over the years. I remember when Milner seemed to be completely immune to yellow cards in a game against the dippers a few years a go.

If only their fans show such compassion towards dickheads who throw things at young girls.

Apparently, England thought the goal had been awarded, so when he said "check complete", he thought he was supporting the on-field decision.

Which raises, inter alia, the following:

It's an indication of how poor the communication is between referee and VAR. Drop the chummy nicknames, get professional and have clear communication for Christ's sake. It's the absolute minimum.

There are how many on VAR?Three? Four? Yet none of them knew what was actually happening in the game?

This is a consequence of putting poor referees in charge of VAR. You get poor VAR. Surprise.

Finally, SAOT won't get rid of human error, there are still a large number of human judgments required, although it would clear this one up because it would say offside or not offside, not check fucking complete. But that is communication, not a technical issue.
Why can’t football follow rugby and the way they do it. It’s very clear what is happening as the ref will say, for example, on field decision is a try but I just want to check the grounding. TMO will then repeat what he has been told to ensure everyone knows what is being looked at. The sooner full time VAR personnel are appointed the better. Pawson is a fucking awful ref so what makes anyone think he will be better in a studio surrounded by screens. I want refs to be accountable and justify their decisions. It’s no good Pawson saying that in hindsight he should have sent the Wolves player off, the question is why didn’t he. There is no justification for not doing so.

Why can’t football follow rugby and the way they do it. It’s very clear what is happening as the ref will say, for example, on field decision is a try but I just want to check the grounding. TMO will then repeat what he has been told to ensure everyone knows what is being looked at. The sooner full time VAR personnel are appointed the better. Pawson is a fucking awful ref so what makes anyone think he will be better in a studio surrounded by screens. I want refs to be accountable and justify their decisions. It’s no good Pawson saying that in hindsight he should have sent the Wolves player off, the question is why didn’t he. There is no justification for not doing so.
Even then there’s so many other points of failure there.
1) pay attention to the game, the flag went up
2) don’t have ‘check complete’ be the only identifier of whether the onfield decision is right or wrong, it’s one extra word to say ‘offside’ or ‘onside’
3) when you realise the free kick is being given rectify the mistake - why the implementation of VAR has hamstrung itself with rules of when it can get involved and not I don’t know.

The explanation they’ve given is shocking and just highlights their own failures. Before hearing the explanation I honestly thought they might say they couldn’t find the right frame where the ball was played, since a spurs player was in the way of the angle they had - hence it wasn’t a clear and obvious mistake by the lino, but this is just ridiculous.

At least it happened to the dippers :)

Apparently, England thought the goal had been awarded, so when he said "check complete", he thought he was supporting the on-field decision.

Which raises, inter alia, the following:

It's an indication of how poor the communication is between referee and VAR. Drop the chummy nicknames, get professional and have clear communication for Christ's sake. It's the absolute minimum.

There are how many on VAR?Three? Four? Yet none of them knew what was actually happening in the game?

This is a consequence of putting poor referees in charge of VAR. You get poor VAR. Surprise.

Finally, SAOT won't get rid of human error, there are still a large number of human judgments required, although it would clear this one up because it would say offside or not offside, not check fucking complete. But that is communication, not a technical issue.
where has that been said ?

Wonder if Dermot Gallagher brings up the challenge on Walker that went unpunished from a 2nd yellow?
I know, I know what a stupid question.
He'll be too busy lighting candles in the studio and encouraging a "justice for jones" campaign by explaining to the masses that it was the balls fault that he got sent off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.