VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Riley passing VAR on to Webb.

Attachments

• PAFF_012518_happysalesman-768x512.jpg
    PAFF_012518_happysalesman-768x512.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 10
Can't he just tell the ref to stop the game and award the goal after he realised he didn't give it ?
You'd think he could but why he or the assistant VAR, Dan Cook, did not speak up when they realised the mistake, I don't know. Perhaps they still weren't paying attention and didn't realise until a few minutes later and they thought it was too late then? Dozy buggers.

Have we ever got an apology from these cunts , even the corruption at the swamp they didn't bother now everyone gets apology hahaha

The liner got it wrong. But it's difficult for the liner to judge in real time. He only gets one view once, he has to watch the ball and the movement of the attacker and the defenders all at the same time, whilst he and the players are moving. He doesn't know what is going to happen either, although he can anticipate it.

The UEFA SOAT is preferable.
I didn't see the match, just the still that was shown. What was the defender doing with his leg out backwards like that? Was he moving forwards? I suppose my question is how we know they chose the right frame for the still? Are we sure the linesman couldn't have judged the timing better from the sound of ball contact, difficult though that would be? A couple of frames could make all the difference. Why do we all assume now the frame they show us is the right one? Pretty sure I would trust the linesman's instincts more than some incompetent's ability to determine when a ball moves, tbh.

Yes and I prefer the old days and if mistakes were made because of human error then so be it.

In the week without VAR, England womens lost to a wrong onside decision - the manager and fans were furious VAR was not in use.

Same for City fans calling in angry about not having VAR for Newcastle match in which Pep was furious at officials .

These were just from a couple rare matches without VAR.

I’m ok scrapping it and going back to how it was. Seriously I am. But let’s not pretend fans will be any happier without it, they’ll be so outraged watching a CLEAR offside goal stand or a complete no contact dive given against their club - especially nowadays in todays social media outraged world.

For me VAR errors like Diaz goal are simply unacceptable and it’s important that they improve to ensure it never happens again. Unfortunately it’s impossible to get every single decision ever correct in my opinion but they should always strive to do so - VAR gives us that chance, without VAR then it’s forever and on a larger scale more of a shambles in todays game.

Totally understand fans that reason the delay after goal takes away the fun for many. Personally I’m ok with it and accept I’m in the minority.

Personally, i think their explanation is a complete load of made up bollocks, don’t believe a word of it.

Something fishy definitely went on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.