VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Darren England, the VAR was not paying attention. He saw it was offside and said "check complete" to indicate that the onfield decision should stand. He assumed the onfield decision was goal because he did not look at the linesman flag which was raised. I don't know why he did not draw any lines on the screen.
all the Scouse not England nonsense, finally biting them on the arse

The weird thing is just looking at it it was onside, weird decision.
The liner got it wrong. But it's difficult for the liner to judge in real time. He only gets one view once, he has to watch the ball and the movement of the attacker and the defenders all at the same time, whilst he and the players are moving. He doesn't know what is going to happen either, although he can anticipate it.

The UEFA SOAT is preferable.

The liner got it wrong. But it's difficult for the liner to judge in real time. He only gets one view once, he has to watch the ball and the movement of the attacker and the defenders all at the same time, whilst he and the players are moving. He doesn't know what is going to happen either, although he can anticipate it.

The UEFA SOAT is preferable.

Which is why VAR is in operation, I get the linesman can get it wrong but for VAR to deliver that clusterfuck of a decision it had to be utter incompetence or as corrupt as fuck.

As fans we should be calling this as it is, even though I feel unclean saying it when the vermin are concerned.

It's part of the game and the skip rats have to accept every once in a while even they will get a bad decision go against them

In the good old days apologies were never given the ref officiated the game to the best of his ability mistakes were made, just like every other participant, but the final whistle was the end of it Webb who loves the limelight finds it necessary to make apologies every week.
Yes and I prefer the old days and if mistakes were made because of human error then so be it. Not when mistakes are made after looking at a video half a dozen times by a bloke in a studio and then by the referee at the match.

Which is why VAR is in operation, I get the linesman can get it wrong but for VAR to deliver that clusterfuck of a decision it had to be utter incompetence or as corrupt as fuck.

As fans we should be calling this as it is, even though I feel unclean saying it when the vermin are concerned.
That’s another thing that gets my goat too. The likes of Shearer and co when the give the linesman what for, moaning because he’s made a mistake on something that he seen in the blink of an eye. If they are so clever at it, why don’t they give it a go? Maybe they should try being a linesman at a match and see how difficult it is.

Last edited:
VAR isn't going anywhere but it's implementation has been flawed from the outset. Other sports have managed to implement an approach to technology that is assistive to the match official and pretty much completely transparent. In comparison football's attempt seems to employ a different 'philosophy' to other sports and the relationship between the onfield ref and the var officials is a mess.

In an ideal world all assistive technology would be automated and under the control of on field officials. We're not there in terms of technology yet so the obvious thing to do, which has been said on here many times, is to.open up the mics and the replays and make the process much more transparent. That in turn would prompt the debate about the relationship between onfield and video refereeing; which is probably why they'll resist doing it.
You’re probably right, it doesn’t stop me from having a good moan about it though;)

Yes and I prefer the old days and if mistakes were made because of human error then so be it. Not when mistakes are made after looking at a video half a dozen times by a bloke in a studio and then by the referee at the match.
Half these useless wankers are just hoping that if they get a decision wrong it doesn’t matter because VAR will bale them out, trouble is they have their equally useless mates doing it and it turns into a shit show

Webb will probably pick some none decision in the game between Forest and Brentford to prove why he should still be in a job on TV on Monday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.