VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am a close to 60 year old, match going Blue all my life. I really struggle with any City loss, and the bigger corporate cheating since the VAR rules have been introduced on a daily/weekly basis. We thought, or I thought this would be the leveller. As again, I was wrong. I have witnessed last weeks clogging from English managers v Forest, Geordies and yesterday's continental Wolves boot boys. They are beyond, if the lad who scored the winner was in a City shirt he would have walked. Oh yes, i'm, a bad loser but today I am finished, can someone at PIGMOL, the Daily Mail, Sly Sports explain, While I was pissed in Mallorca, Brentford didn't get a first half penalty for the facing handball? I am a drunk and stupid, and biased to the core. BUT, it was absolutely NO difference to the one that fell in the rags hands at Wembley in the Grealish incident. Can anyone explain to me the difference please?

I am a close to 60 year old, match going Blue all my life. I really struggle with any City loss, and the bigger corporate cheating since the VAR rules have been introduced on a daily/weekly basis. We thought, or I thought this would be the leveller. As again, I was wrong. I have witnessed last weeks clogging from English managers v Forest, Geordies and yesterday's continental Wolves boot boys. They are beyond, if the lad who scored the winner was in a City shirt he would have walked. Oh yes, i'm, a bad loser but today I am finished, can someone at PIGMOL, the Daily Mail, Sly Sports explain, While I was pissed in Mallorca, Brentford didn't get a first half penalty for the facing handball? I am a drunk and stupid, and biased to the core. BUT, it was absolutely NO difference to the one that fell in the rags hands at Wembley in the Grealish incident. Can anyone explain to me the difference please?
There isn't an explanation, only a blatant contradiction. But I must report that the application of VAR down The Lane yesterday was a model of propriety. Klippity shares this opinion.

Darren England, the VAR was not paying attention. He saw it was offside and said "check complete" to indicate that the onfield decision should stand. He assumed the onfield decision was goal because he did not look at the linesman flag which was raised. I don't know why he did not draw any lines on the screen.
..... because it was not necessary to do so, it was so blatantly obvious that it was onside, a blind man can see that and he was operating under the misapprehension that the onfield decision was a goal. Any explanation other than this means corruption conquers incompetence every time.

None of us, in the 21st century, should be having this discussion. We should not be in a position where we are talking about poor refereeing decisions. We have so many cameras at the games now it's debatable whether there are more supporters in the ground than there are cameras. Every millisecond of the game is captured digitally and can be scrutinised by those at Stockley Park and at the ground itself - but they continue to get it wrong. Why?
This is a multi-billion pound sport we are talking about, but Pgmol are a body of professional football officials who are accountable to nobody and answer to nobody. How in the name of Lucy Worsley's front bottom did this come about?
The errors these so-called 'professionals' are making can (and do) have a catastrophic effect on clubs who -of course- are a business and therefor need a regular turnover. The absolute disregard pgmol show to these clubs with their half-hearted apologies after yet another display of staggering ineptitude is a slap in the face to us all.

Where is the point in managers/coaches working on the training ground, discussing and employing tactics for the next game, only for the result to be decided on the whim of a man who will never have to account for his decisions to anyone? He can disallow a perfectly good goal and nobody can question him for fear of 'bringing the game into disrepute.'

Darren England, the VAR was not paying attention. He saw it was offside and said "check complete" to indicate that the onfield decision should stand. He assumed the onfield decision was goal because he did not look at the linesman flag which was raised. I don't know why he did not draw any lines on the screen.
Can't he just tell the ref to stop the game and award the goal after he realised he didn't give it ?

Can't he just tell the ref to stop the game and award the goal after he realised he didn't give it ?
Exactly. England should have been in his ear asking him why he didn’t agree with him and give the goal. Still the dipper petitions and local mps bringing it up in parliament alongside Andy “Scouse ****”Burnham bringing it up on the national news will no doubt get the dippers favourable outcomes in the future games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.