VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spot on. It was a fucking disgraceful decision regardless of who you support. Not just disgraceful but utterly unfathomable that they couldn't arrive at the correct decision.
That’s why I don’t believe the bullshit reasons it happened, whole thing is distinctly fishy.

Were you uncomfortable when Emirates sponsored Arsenal got a disproportionate number of wrong decisions go their way when playing in the Emirates F.A Cup at the Emirates stadium allowing them to win one or two Emirates F.A Cup trophies?
Maybe Darren England's trip to the United Arab EMIRATES was to discuss ways of further pushing Emirates sponsored Arsenal up the table or to make their recent overblown expenditure look reasonable by helping Emirates sponsored Arsenal to win the Emirates F.A. Cup.
Maybe Stuart Atwell will be refereeing an all star match in Rwanda next week. I'm sure the thoughtful and rational AFTV and Dipper thought bank will keep us all up to date.
Fucking loon.
The match he refereed was in Sharjah which is a separate emirate and nothing to do with Abu Dhabi. You might as well stop referees going on holiday in Dubai. So the latest conspiracy theory is that we are owned by the United Arab Emirates Government not the Abu Dhabi state! Stlll never mind: "They all look the same don't they." It is just racism plain and simple. As it happens I do think it is a bad idea for match officials to work in other countries instead of having focus on their main day job. But that's a different debate.

Spot on. It was a fucking disgraceful decision regardless of who you support. Not just disgraceful but utterly unfathomable that they couldn't arrive at the correct decision.

Same as *that* goal at Old Trafford in January. There wasn't much uproar, though.

The thing is, if Liverpool are good enough they'll use defeats to grow as a team, just as we used the losses vs United and Spurs last season to improve and win everything. In the end, one result is fatal if you are not good enough. There are upsides to any setback if you are wise enough to find them.

The match he refereed was in Sharjah which is a separate emirate and nothing to do with Abu Dhabi. You might as well stop referees going on holiday in Dubai. So the latest conspiracy theory is that we are owned by the United Arab Emirates Government not the Abu Dhabi state! Stlll never mind: "They all look the same don't they." It is just racism plain and simple. As it happens I do think it is a bad idea for match officials to work in other countries instead of having focus on their main day job. But that's a different debate.
Bloody they sit in decent seats, jog around the pitch 2 x days later for just 90 mins! when i fly back i expect to exercise 90 mins in following 2 x days - tired ffs!! its mental to suggest this

We will never hear the audio cause that will tell the truth and PGMOL and Webb are clearly talking shite in the excuse they are giving.
Still not heard the audio from the Atwell fiasco at Old Trafford last season when he overruled his own linesman (30 yards away from Rashford and Akanji) and the VAR team. That decison didn't do any harm to Attwell's career though.

Still not heard the audio from the Atwell fiasco at Old Trafford last season when he overruled his own linesman (30 yards away from Rashford and Akanji) and the VAR team. That decison didn't do any harm to Attwell's career though.
They will only allow us to hear the audio where they can put a spin on it to make a positive message.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.