VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the fa and pgmol should literally tell liverpool to fuck off, this idea that they are better than anyone else so must be listened to must be banished and dismissed out of hand, its a fecking joke that we are taking this so seriously because liverpool were on the other end of it, do you think if it happened for liverpool against bournemouth that their would be anywhere near the same outrage, basically the fa and pgmol are just openly confirming what everyone already knew and that is that the istree clubs are reffed different than everyone else
Have to disagree. The FA and PGMOL should be ensuring they eradicate these fuck ups, not simply accept a pathetic apology from Webb absolves them

Have to disagree. The FA and PGMOL should be ensuring they eradicate these fuck ups, not simply accept a pathetic apology from Webb absolves them
yeah they absolutely should but NOT because it affected liverpool, they didnt do it last season when a goal wasnt given at klanfield because there wasnt a camera at the specific angle, they havent forced either anfield or the swamp to comply with the specific rules that everyone else with in terms of having screens in the ground. Im not saying that the situation shouldnt be sorted, what im saying is that it shouldnt just be sorted because it affected liverpool, it wasnt sorted when it was at liverpools benefit and it hasnt been sorted when it has benefitted the rags but because they have been on the other end of a bad one now it should be sorted?

On five live world phone in this morning it was mentioned that the Brazilian league referees release audio conversations after the match to the media to help with post match debate etc.

It can be done.

Webb hiding behind any excuse not to, unless it for his TV show shows either the unprofessionalism of the people he manages (which was alluded to in the first show) or something more.

yeah they absolutely should but NOT because it affected liverpool, they didnt do it last season when a goal wasnt given at klanfield because there wasnt a camera at the specific angle, they havent forced either anfield or the swamp to comply with the specific rules that everyone else with in terms of having screens in the ground. Im not saying that the situation shouldnt be sorted, what im saying is that it shouldnt just be sorted because it affected liverpool, it wasnt sorted when it was at liverpools benefit and it hasnt been sorted when it has benefitted the rags but because they have been on the other end of a bad one now it should be sorted?
Does it really matter who pops the zit?

Every club will have tales of woe regarding VAR.

Personally, I'm glad Liverpool has taken this stance as they are one of the darling clubs, so it may gain some traction.

Does it really matter who pops the zit?

Every club will have tales of woe regarding VAR.

Personally, I'm glad Liverpool has taken this stance as they are one of the darling clubs, so it may gain some traction.
yes it matters because by taking liverpools complaints seriously, both the fa and pgmol are basically outright admitting that none of the other clubs matter and have been reffed and treated differently

Ah, the irony of it all.

Quite a few years back (I know, I know) I pitched on BM the idea of the capt/ manager being able to 'challenge' a reffing decision; 2 challenges per half and that, of course, the challenges would have to be used properly. I was shouted down about it being 'impractical' as it would 'slow the game down' and 'at what point would you stop the game' and 'the game would take forever' yadda yadda yadda.

Irony of ironies; look at where the addition of time is now?! Plenty of time to review any decisions as it doesn't stop the flow of the game.

That idea of mine was rubbished (and stolen. I wonder if the MUEN will resurrect their past 'article'), but look at where we are when the game isn't inclusive of the participants?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.