VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But as you point out the ball has gone out for a throw-in. A natural break in play and absolutely nothing had happened in between the wrong decision being clocked and then. Had another goal gone in or there'd been a major incident I could have almost understood the 'can't do anything now' statement. Just utterly inflexible with nobody willing to take a lead. More interested in protecting the process than getting the right decision. Although having said that, still hilarious it's happened to that lot!
Wonder where Webb was? What does he do on match days?

I think this is Liverpool doing what they do best, playing the victim card, knowing that for the rest of the season every 50/50 tackle will go their way and they'll be given way more leeway than anyone else when it comes to penalties, fouls and cards.
Basically, just flexing their muscles and reminding PGMOL and the Premier League who's in charge.
Their one PL title suggests they’re anything but in charge.

I wonder if clubs will thank them because now it is surely open season? Anything bad in terms of decisions and clubs, be it at the bottom fighting relegation, the top challenging for places or anywhere on between. They can now use liverpools precedent and ask for recordings, regardless of any outcome.

I wonder if clubs have been wanting to do it, but didn’t want be seen as the mard arse?

So is this fair fucks to Liverpool for opening Pandoras Box? For challenging shit decisions?

Or is it Liverpool moaning because they think they are unfairly treated? I can’t make my mind up.
The latter for me. We all know their full time job is moaning like fuck about everything.

One job these useless twats have, one job..

They have all the camera angles to view, too unless the game is at Anfield. obviously..

I could see immediately watching at home that Diaz was onside.

These idiots are in charge of our National sport, a multi billion pound industry..

Never mind suspending them for the next game, they should be sacked with immediate effect, not given the benefit of doubt and a comforting arm on the shoulder.

It's not the first time Darren England has fcuked up..

Why couldn't they stop the game and award the goal?, it's beyond farcical..

Penalties have been awarded long after the offence has taken place and the game has continued in play..

Surely they didn't think they would get away with not giving the goal..

It's bollocks VAR saying they were under the impression that they had awarded the goal and had not realised by saying "give it" it would be taken by the on field ref as go with the original offside decision..

That explanation stinks of damage limitation and back peddling to fcuk to get them out of the hole they had dug for themselves due to the lot of them not doing their jobs.

Watch the monitors, follow the game and do what you are paid to do you ****'s, your fkin jobs..

I can't stand the dippers and boy have they benefited from dodgy VAR calls in the past but they were well fcuked over at the weekend (good)..

VAR in this country is a fkin shambles and has yet again managed to lose yet more respect from the footballing public..

Their one PL title suggests they’re anything but in charge.

I wonder if clubs will thank them because now it is surely open season? Anything bad in terms of decisions and clubs, be it at the bottom fighting relegation, the top challenging for places or anywhere on between. They can now use liverpools precedent and ask for recordings, regardless of any outcome.

I wonder if clubs have been wanting to do it, but didn’t want be seen as the mard arse?
Enter mard arse central, stage left. Good to see the scousers opening the floodgates.
In all seriousness, I can see the officials being mik'd up with live conversations broadcast to the fans because of this. That's the best that can come out of this situation.

Clearly they need a new safe word as saying delay delay doesn't work. Especially when said like...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.