VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So it would appear to be no conspiracy.

Just simple human error which can happen in any walk of life regardless of the amount of money involved. Especially to people under pressure.

However plenty of scope for LFC to go on and on.

Because of course it means more to them.

I don't think they come out of it that badly.

What you do see is that the mistake was spotted by the assistant as soon as the game restarted, but it shows how fast they're having to do things, because by the time they've literally exchanged a couple of sentences, the ball has been down one end and up the other and out for a throw.

It's clear that it's a fuck up, and I assume the protocol will change, so that it's no longer an ambiguous "check complete", but frankly you can see how it happened.

But as you point out the ball has gone out for a throw-in. A natural break in play and absolutely nothing had happened in between the wrong decision being clocked and then. Had another goal gone in or there'd been a major incident I could have almost understood the 'can't do anything now' statement. Just utterly inflexible with nobody willing to take a lead. More interested in protecting the process than getting the right decision. Although having said that, still hilarious it's happened to that lot!

Just very impressive how they follow the game until decision has been made, then a complete clusterfuck. Both VAR and asst VAR sounded like novice NAVY pilots landing on an aircraft carried for the first time, heart rate like 180. What a meltdown! Just give that image coordinator of whatever feck is his title to lead the whole VAR process and ban anybody who ever refed even one game from the VAR room forever.

It’s a horrific error.

Given the fact fuck all will change VAR and the puppets that implement it and who was in the end of it, I’m now struggling to give a fuck.

lol at Liverpool FC.

Why does there need to be like 4 people with audio and speaking, I couldn't tell who the fuck was saying what in that video...

But as you point out the ball has gone out for a throw-in. A natural break in play and absolutely nothing had happened in between the wrong decision being clocked and then. Had another goal gone in or there'd been a major incident I could have almost understood the 'can't do anything now' statement. Just utterly inflexible with nobody willing to take a lead. More interested in protecting the process than getting the right decision. Although having said that, still hilarious it's happened to that lot!
But those are the rules that has been agreed for VAR throughout UEFA.

Ironically, while it might seem fair, that would probably have been the more serious error from the officials because they'd be deliberately breaking the rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.