VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why could they not call it back ? Game was restarted ??
United v Brighton sept 2020. ref blew whistle for full time. Var called it back for a penalty ??

VAR needs a shake up. I don't wanna repeat my previous posts. If this precipitates into big changes then that'll be great.

Its just annoying it's Liverpool they listen to, and all the years of shit decisions have fallen on deaf ears for others.

There is no guarantee they would have won the match. Yet the season before Jota kicks Skipp in the head and scores the winner. VAR turned a blind eye.

Unfortunately our fanbase doesn't have the sway or determination Scousers do. If someone stole a digestive biscuit from them they would fight for justice for 77 years. They'll always fight their corner I give them that.

I don't think they come out of it that badly.

What you do see is that the mistake was spotted by the assistant as soon as the game restarted, but it shows how fast they're having to do things, because by the time they've literally exchanged a couple of sentences, the ball has been down one end and up the other and out for a throw.

It's clear that it's a fuck up, and I assume the protocol will change, so that it's no longer an ambiguous "check complete", but frankly you can see how it happened.

They don't come out of it too badly?

The replay operator is the only one who flags up the mistake, not the actual qualified officials who, quote, believe it was a "good process"

So is this fair fucks to Liverpool for opening Pandoras Box? For challenging shit decisions?

Or is it Liverpool moaning because they think they are unfairly treated? I can’t make my mind up.

Their information communication is all wrong. Far too complicated. VAR should tell the referee to await further instruction. Then once VAR delivers his verdict he should ask for a repeat back and then there is clarity in the instruction that should be carried out before any play restarts. Quite simple really.

So is this fair fucks to Liverpool for opening Pandoras Box? For challenging shit decisions?

Or is it Liverpool moaning because they think they are unfairly treated? I can’t make my mind up.
I think this is Liverpool doing what they do best, playing the victim card, knowing that for the rest of the season every 50/50 tackle will go their way and they'll be given way more leeway than anyone else when it comes to penalties, fouls and cards.
Basically, just flexing their muscles and reminding PGMOL and the Premier League who's in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.