VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I want explaining now is how the mystery "Oli" gets involved. BBC say he is Oli Kohout - the VAR Hub operations manager, who was in a different room to the VAR team. I thought we'd been assured that there was no outside involvement in the VAR process? Another lie exposed.
Yep, the VAR commander is a thing.

Anyone else find the audio maybe has been edited to create what sounds like a chaotic minute or two, something the officials can hide behind?

No fucking way is communication that bad between a couple of officials and VAR and if it is like that, they all should be fucked off including their boss who is in charge of it all.

Anyone else find the audio maybe has been edited to create what sounds like a chaotic minute or two, something the officials can hide behind?

No fucking way is communication that bad between a couple of officials and VAR and if it is like that, they all should be fucked off including their boss who is in charge of it all.
They’ve also opened it up now if another incident happens and a club asks for the release of the audio they can’t refuse,I mentioned it in this thread or another since Webb took over VAR has actually got worse how is that possible..

lol, just a few more tweaks eh….

Yeh, can forever improve the system, that’s the good thing about VAR.
Never really had that prior VAR, it just had to be accepted when a goal was given miles offside or when a ref pointed to the spot for a clear dive etc.

Only listened to a couple of these and it is absolute chaos. You have the confusion of so many people talking over each other, instead of what we see/hear in rugby where it’s very strict on who talks, and you’ve also got the issue of delay in the feeds to each other, meaning that they can be over-talking each other and miss parts of the audio.

This all needs sorting as VAR is not going away. The bigger question is, is Webb the person to do it as from what we’re seeing, he has become part of the problem with far more contentious decisions being made on his watch.

Yeh, can forever improve the system, that’s the good thing about VAR.
Never really had that prior VAR, it just had to be accepted when a goal was given miles offside or when a ref pointed to the spot for a clear dive etc.

It’s taking them an awfully long time to get these tweaks right don’t you think?

I mean, VAR should be foolproof, clear evidence right in front of everyone’s eyes.

I will give you this, your cheerleading is funny.

They’ve also opened it up now if another incident happens and a club asks for the release of the audio they can’t refuse,I mentioned it in this thread or another since Webb took over VAR has actually got worse how is that possible..

Why did we never hear the VAR feed of Rashford’s goal against City last January? Where was the outcry for it to shown the light of day from the media then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.