VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m actually going to stick up for them (a bit). It’s an honest mistake, a mistake they shouldn’t make but they have. Hopefully they all learn from this, I’m pro VAR so I want it to improve.

Fuck the scouse cunts anyway.

I'm not particularly pro-VAR but you are right. This was just a fuck-up and the escalation around it is ridiculous.

It's also easy to fix so it never happens again. "Can you confirm the offside?" 15 seconds later "No offside, allow the goal". "Any other reason why I can't allow the goal?" 5 seconds later. "No, allow the goal". Job done. Crystal clear.

And for the love of God, less of the "mate", "mate", "mate". It's unnecessary chatter and it's unprofessional. The rest seemed OK to me in a pretty time-pressured environment.

All stadiums should have a big screen to communicate to the fans why these decisions are made.

Looking at you you rags and dippers.

I'm not particularly pro-VAR but you are right. This was just a fuck-up and the escalation around it is ridiculous.
I don't think it is really. It's a fuck up of massive proportions and basically sums up why they've been so resistant to having this stuff publicly available. I'm glad Liverpool made a fuss to be honest. I don't like the fact that we're only at this stage because it's Liverpool rather than Wolves or Burnley, but it's still good that we're seeing what all of us knew - there's nothing wrong with VAR, just the morons in charge of it. You've got to wonder how many other incidents like this there are that we haven't heard. I'd love to hear the audio from that Rashford non-offside the other season. Hopefully this leads to some sort of transparency, starting with the publication of every recording in full and access to broadcasters to play the conversations so fans can hear what they're talking about as they make decisions.

Of course it's worth mentioning that if VAR didn't exist, the goal would have been ruled offside anyway.

Of course they fucking wouldn't, but the PiGMOL caved because they knew full well those feral cunts were never going to let it go.
Whilst it was a bad mistake, it was a c*nts trick to hang out the VAR team, they are now open to abuse and death threats from the horrible sipping c*nts.

What I want explaining now is how the mystery "Oli" gets involved. BBC say he is Oli Kohout - the VAR Hub operations manager, who was in a different room to the VAR team. I thought we'd been assured that there was no outside involvement in the VAR process? Another lie exposed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.