VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will go and watch it again later. I thought Kovacic didn't follow through on the first yellow, yes he caught him high but without the damaging follow through so a yellow for me. The second potential yellow I thought he clipped the heel of Rice and Rice overreacted. I think Oliver saw this and thats why he didn't book Kovacic. Will find time to look again to confirm my opinion or look foolish for not looking before, wouldn't be the first time;-)

It will take something extraordinary for Pep to complain about VAR again, his five Premier League titles and numerous domestic cups received the stamp of approval following the CL win, this means his job at a domestic level is complete. i think he will go all in to retain the CL, the FIFA club cup would be a nice little bauble but that is down the list. Pep also knows the players are knackered and it’s pointless running them into the ground to just fall short in all competitions. Moaning about decisions is a complete waste of energy, Pep has worked to take the referee out of the game and succeeded.

The Rodri one is also brought out every time we get a decision, a week or so later Liverpool played Everton that season. They got away with penalties and red cards in that game against everton. Yet because sky didnt cry about it and it wasnt heavily brought up in the media people forget. The narrative is that we should of drew vs Everton and Liverpool deserved a gritty win.
The Rodri one is only brought up by dippers who think they would have won the league that season if we'd dropped points in that game. Of course they don't think they got away with anything when they played Everton

Having read some of the shite that's been doing the rounds in both the MSM and on social media I really think some people need to be careful what they wish for with regard to VAR.
There seems to be a belief that there is some sort of infallible all encompassing algorithm out there that can be plugged in and 'hey presto' it delivers an amazing consistent error proof decision for every possible situation that occurs during a football match. Football is all about human beings, it's played, watched, administered and managed by actual people with different perspectives, opinions and attitudes who all see different incidents in different ways and who may well actually see the same sort of incident differently depending on the circumstances of the occasion.
If this VAR debate has taught us anything it's that it's already too intrusive and if some people have their way it will continue to dominate the game in a hugely negative way. I said pre VAR that football should be played on the pitch, players play, referees referee, fans scream abuse, what happens on the pitch stays there and (unless there's a Cantona/Keane/Thatcher type incident) it ends with the full time whistle. I believe that even more now. VAR has undermined referees, made them less competent not more, unless there's a system, as in goal line technology, that does not rely on human interpretation (maybe automated offsides) then fuck VAR off, fuck the entirely pointless Ref Watch off and return the decision making to the officials.
Edit: Howard Webb and Michael Owen have just come on my telly .... fuck them two off as well.

Having read some of the shite that's been doing the rounds in both the MSM and on social media I really think some people need to be careful what they wish for with regard to VAR.
There seems to be a belief that there is some sort of infallible all encompassing algorithm out there that can be plugged in and 'hey presto' it delivers an amazing consistent error proof decision for every possible situation that occurs during a football match. Football is all about human beings, it's played, watched, administered and managed by actual people with different perspectives, opinions and attitudes who all see different incidents in different ways and who may well actually see the same sort of incident differently depending on the circumstances of the occasion.
If this VAR debate has taught us anything it's that it's already too intrusive and if some people have their way it will continue to dominate the game in a hugely negative way. I said pre VAR that football should be played on the pitch, players play, referees referee, fans scream abuse, what happens on the pitch stays there and (unless there's a Cantona/Keane/Thatcher type incident) it ends with the full time whistle. I believe that even more now. VAR has undermined referees, made them less competent not more, unless there's a system, as in goal line technology, that does not rely on human interpretation (maybe automated offsides) then fuck VAR off, fuck the entirely pointless Ref Watch off and return the decision making to the officials.
Edit: Howard Webb and Michael Owen have just come on my telly .... fuck them two off as well.

Pure waste of production time with Micheal Owen playing the non-enquiring stooge to the lying **** head of PiGMOL

Like so much of the Sky shite provided for the benefit of the redshirt lemmings / braindeads .

I cannot for the life of me understand how Sly Sports is still a going concern. 30-odd years of rag-pandering, bordering on hero worship. Three decades of kow-towing to that one single football club, sneery and childish digs at most other Prem clubs (except for the dippers), a seemingly endless supply of ex-rags being invited as pundits for each and every rag game.
As far as I'm concerned every subscription to that awful broadcasting company is just another way of supporting the verminous bastards.

I cannot for the life of me understand how Sly Sports is still a going concern. 30-odd years of rag-pandering, bordering on hero worship. Three decades of kow-towing to that one single football club, sneery and childish digs at most other Prem clubs (except for the dippers), a seemingly endless supply of ex-rags being invited as pundits for each and every rag game.
As far as I'm concerned every subscription to that awful broadcasting company is just another way of supporting the verminous bastards.
They have probably caught on but too late,thousands cancelling subscriptions partly due to what you mentioned in your post and people cutting their cloth accordingly due to prices of packages,I got a flyer from them offering sky sports for £15 a month decent enough deal but I don’t want to constantly have rag articles rammed down my throat followed up by red scousers and even Arsenal there is 20 teams in the league not just a main 1 or 2 ..

Another VAR generated fuck up in Spain v Jocks With the Jocks having perfectly good goal disallowed for a supposed foul I’m not one to hinge on side of the Jocks but that was a ridiculous decision

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.