VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another VAR generated fuck up in Spain v Jocks With the Jocks having perfectly good goal disallowed for a supposed foul I’m not one to hinge on side of the Jocks but that was a ridiculous decision
It was actually a second rate broadcaster with a second rate commentating team who called it wrong.

The Ref and VAR got this one spot on. Clearly offside. Clearly interfering with play.

End of story

That is the dodgy bit, they ruled it out for one and then changed their minds to the other, apparently?

The referee raises his arm to indicate indirect as they were preparing to take the free kick. That can only mean offside, as a foul on the ‘keeper would have been a direct free kick.

I didn’t see but I’ve read that the screens at the ground and TV graphics incorrectly stated it was a foul and that’s where the confusion started.

The referee raises his arm to indicate indirect as they were preparing to take the free kick. That can only mean offside, as a foul on the ‘keeper would have been a direct free kick.

I didn’t see but I’ve read that the screens at the ground and TV graphics incorrectly stated it was a foul and that’s where the confusion started.
I believe some Scottish player said the ref said it was a foul, it was in an article on the BBC page, not saying you're wrong I didn't watch it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.