VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Human error will always occur but you're purposely avoiding 'reducing' and making out that VAR hasn't increased the amount of correct verdicts than before. Nothing with rest of your points.
I recently heard some PGMOL stats. Last season 25 goals were correctly allowed/disallowed because of VAR. 25 incidents that VAR put right (that would have been just missed before VAR because we didnt have refs then). So, a referee being called over to the monitor results in what..... A correct decision? No way. According to those VAR stats it does.

Postecoglu recently said it best I think. It just needs rolling back to some degree where we're not examining in minute detail absolutely everything.

Wouldn't surprise me. Foster has got enough money not to give a fuck when suggesting this.

For Foster to say that was the worst VAR decision ever is complete nonsense and shows the programme is aiming for clicks. There have been at least a dozen decisions highlighted on Bluemoon this week where Livarpool have been the beneficiaries, see klopps and van dick clips on here. The programme seems to aim for supporters of the red tops so anything that goes against them will be highlighted to draw the lemmings in. Mard axse livarpool fans and mard axse club who would have thunk it;-)

There was a strange penalty in the Birmingham-West Brom game last night where literally nobody appealed, and even the Birmingham player who'd supposedly been fouled, thought the referee had given a Goal Kick.

Would it have been overruled by VAR?
Possibly, but possibly not, which sort of defeats the whole purpose.

There was a strange penalty in the Birmingham-West Brom game last night where literally nobody appealed, and even the Birmingham player who'd supposedly been fouled, thought the referee had given a Goal Kick.

Would it have been overruled by VAR?
Possibly, but possibly not, which sort of defeats the whole purpose.

I think VAR might have turned that over. But there again they might not have. Either way PGMOL would say thats VAR intervening and making the right call. Like you say, defeats the whole purpose, why have VAR when they could call it either way.

I think VAR might have turned that over. But there again they might not have. Either way PGMOL would say thats VAR intervening and making the right call. Like you say, defeats the whole purpose, why have VAR when they could call it either way.

Yeah I think most people in favour of VAR initially cherry-picked those clear-and-obvious mistakes, and just assumed (quite correctly) that it would improve the game.
For me, it was the Sane disallowed goal v Liverpool at such a crucial moment in the CL Quarter Final. VAR would have proved that the goal was onside and suddenly it would be 2-0 with 45 minutes remaining, and City completely back in the tie.

I think that naïve optimism lasted until the first time I experienced VAR, which if memory serves me correctly, was City's first goal in the Veltins Arena the following season, and Schalke appealing for a foul by Laporte, even though the ball had gone straight to one of their players.

Nobody had debated or even mentioned the uncertainty for the live audience, whilst the whole issue of clear-and-obvious had suddenly become clouded. However, on at least three occasions, we just stood there totally bewildered waiting for somebody to make a decision.

We were told that these "teething problems" would be addressed, but four years later nothing has changed.

It just proves some posters don't understand that clubs and leagues that don't have VAR are demanding VAR because officiating is even worse without it.
Because the lower leagues have crap officials , they need to improve a lot to be prem level , var would probably help them make the most of a shite show . Var in the prem is very different

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.