VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Grass is always greener. And memories are short.

Fans of every league that has VAR, yearn for the good old days before it.

Fans of every league that hasn’t VAR, acknowledge it’s shit but want it anyway because they think it’s not as shit as what they currently have.

We should've had another pen when Haaland was fouled.
Antony should have had 3 reds.
Football with var, anything goes

Have to say it's difficult to keep up with the arguments for VAR: is it a lot of football is subjective so VAR is OK when it seems to make a mistake / be inconsistent, or is it a lot of football is subjective so we need VAR when the referee makes a mistake / is inconsistent?

Our first goal should never have stood, Soucek clearly pulling keeper back.

Hannibal challenge should have been a red.

Probably a lot more in tonight’s other games.

Football without VAR, anything goes.

* just seen highlight at Chelsea, Blackburn should have had a penalty, handball from Gallagher. Hey ho.
I haven't seen it but I suspect yer just being generous. If the ref sez goal, it's a goal! The Arse just have to take it as bit of rough, a turn on the roundabout!

Grass is always greener. And memories are short.

Fans of every league that has VAR, yearn for the good old days before it.

Fans of every league that hasn’t VAR, acknowledge it’s shit but want it anyway because they think it’s not as shit as what they currently have.
VAR should enhance the arbitration of any game. I think we only have VAR because of the clamour of fans who have also watched other ball sports. I think the arbitrators would prefer not to have it, and they have done their best to maintain similar outcomes as though they didn't have it. How many times have the LotG been massaged when the 'honest mistakes' are brought to light. Tierney was never gonna give that pen on Sunday!

VAR is a shit show in football because of the way it is used. I suspect that most of the moaning re VAR would vanish were we to adopt a 'rugby' version! Something of which PiGMOL seemed to be scared shitless. But hey, what can football learn from rugby? Ans: how to arbitrate a game so that the result reflects what's happened on the pitch!

Where's the proof that football is less popular now because of VAR ?
Where's the proof of your oft-quoted statement that;
"Average attendances and global viewing figures have increased since the introduction of VAR"?
Particularly in relation to viewing figures.

Where's the proof of your oft-quoted statement that;
"Average attendances and global viewing figures have increased since the introduction of VAR"?
Particularly in relation to viewing figures.

so , the referee and var deemed that rodri would of got to the ball if he hadn't been fouled , if that is the case why wasnt the united player sent off, he made no attempt to play the ball only to hold a player who would of had a goal scoring opportunity

do you have any stats for match going supporters and the way they are treated with var decisions ? all you have shown is tv viewing figures, people who know whats going on and why var is being used

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.