VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Average attendances and global viewing figures have increased since the introduction of VAR

That could have something to do with football selling its backside more and more, I don't care what happens in Bogota on a wet Wednesday night but here where it counts for me.

VAR is shit mate, it'll be robots playing next ;)

do you have any stats for match going supporters and the way they are treated with var decisions ? all you have shown is tv viewing figures, people who know whats going on and why var is being used

So I can prove average attendances and global viewing figures in the PL have increased since the introduction of VAR - why not just say ‘ok, yes you was right on that’

If you personally don’t like VAR, that’s fine , that’s your opinion. I don’t like the game without VAR. That’s my opinion.

As for ‘killed the game’ and ‘football is finished’ then that’s just laughable hyperbole.

So I can prove average attendances and global viewing figures in the PL have increased since the introduction of VAR - why not just say ‘ok, yes you was right on that’

If you personally don’t like VAR, that’s fine , that’s your opinion. I don’t like the game without VAR. That’s my opinion.

As for ‘killed the game’ and ‘football is finished’ then that’s just laughable hyperbole.
So are you claiming var has resulted in record attendances for West Ham, tottenham and City?

Also, how many games were shown live pre-var and how many are broadcast post-var?

Last edited:
So are you claiming var has resulted in record attendances for West Ham, tottenham and City?

I argue against

‘VAR has killed the game’
‘VAR has ruined football’

Since its introduction attendances have not decreased nor viewing figures.

Yes you can prove that viewing figures have risen since it's introduction.....SINCE not BECAUSE!
If you don't already, you should work in politics ;)
I started giving up watching games halfway through as soon as a crap var decision was made, it's so bad now I don't bother watching any game, even watching the goals on YouTube is becoming teeth itching.

Yes you can prove that viewing figures have risen since it's introduction.....SINCE not BECAUSE!
If you don't already, you should work in politics ;)
I started giving up watching games halfway through as soon as a crap var decision was made, it's so bad now I don't bother watching any game, even watching the goals on YouTube is becoming teeth itching.
Causation and correlation aren’t his strong points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.