VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Considering the number of " incidents " which were there for consideration by the officials who were in charge of the game, from the non-sending off of Havertz to the several factors involved in the Newcastle " goal ", I would have to say that in my opinion, there is little point in having VAR or indeed officials who will not correctly punish seriously bad /possible serious injury inflicting injuries, or correct examine the incidents under review.

Imo Attwell being the referee under such scrutiny, is a stand-out example of such terrible inconsistency and poor refereeing standards.

Not sure who was on VAR duties but again little confidence on their part either.

A true shitshow of an overall performance by the officals.

this is what i dont understand, when it goes for arteta, klopp, tent peg etc then its thats what var is for, you have to respect the refs decisions etc etc, when it goes against them the world is ending and its not good enough, var did their level best to disallow that goal yest , they checked THREE count em THREE different reasons to disallow the goal and it gets given, just be honest its not a disgrace, its people not agreeing with refs which has been the same ever since football had refs.

The difference is this, the istree clubs have become so entitled and so used to getting everything in their favour that when correct decisions are made against them they act like the world is unfair and they are hard done to, well know you arent hard done to, you have just stepped on to a somewhat level playing field and are having to deal with the kind of crap that the rest of us have to had to deal with for decades.

I can’t understand how cricket and Rugby Union can do it so well, but football can’t. I think it is the rules that cause the confusion, in rugby and cricket there is no ’clear and obvious error’ rule, so some of these dodgy decisions are down to the ref not being in a position to get a clear view. In rugby the rules state that if the ball is in play but part of the player is out of play, it goes into touch. In cricket it is all about whether the bowler is legitimately within the bowling crease, pitching in line, hitting the stumps, bat involved etc. Unless we have cameras all around the pitch every five metres VAR will never be accurate, and by the way the current handball rules are simply pathetic. Handball in an unnatural position, when it happens to hit your hand from an opponent when you are jumping is just plain stupid and a rule probably made up by suits who never played football. Rant over

Well your feet could be onside, but your head offside.

Using your foot position theory the player could head a goal and not be offside?

Can you imagine the uproar that would cause?
Not if that was the rules. Free your mind and think it through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.