VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I meant backwards and I’m pretty sure you know that as we’re all talking about the goal in last night’s game…
Yeah, but it doesn’t matter. If they could have drawn a line on the edge of the ball and seen Gordon was ahead of it, it would have been offside.

What a finish by Brighton's Dunk only fir it to be ruled offside by VAR.
It must of been millimetres if he was at all.
Goals like that should be replayed to sell the English game around the world, not coldly executed for a couple of millimetres
Line was drawn to wrong player

This situation is just bloody disgraceful. Whilst waiting for the rubric to appear on the screen - Checking possible offside - I thought we should be fuckin' well seeing in slow motion what happened, and not just being told basically that the check is over and yer can all fuckin' well sit down now. Football is light years behind other sports, but that's what yer get when fuckin' dinosaurs are in charge of the asylum.
My thoughts exactly. I've been saying for a long time now that us match going fans pay a lot of money nowadays - certainly more than those who sit in the comfort of home to watch games on telly - and the least we should expect is to have the same access to VAR decision making. The whole set up is a feckin joke. Look at Rugby & Cricket - they have a clear and methodical way of communicating to all. PIGMOL are absolutely clueless. Absolute shower of shite.

My thoughts exactly. I've been saying for a long time now that us match going fans pay a lot of money nowadays - certainly more than those who sit in the comfort of home to watch games on telly - and the least we should expect is to have the same access to VAR decision making. The whole set up is a feckin joke. Look at Rugby & Cricket - they have a clear and methodical way of communicating to all. PIGMOL are absolutely clueless. Absolute shower of shite.

Pretty sure the audio in cricket and rugby league between the on and off field officials, that TV viewers can here, aren’t broadcast to the crowd at the game are they?

The process is shown on screen to the crowd - we don't even get the courtesy of that, which is the point I was trying to make.

Ok, I thought you meant the audio was communicated to all.

Your ire is probably directed in the wrong direction though. It is a FIFA directive that the VAR process while they are coming to a decision, can not be broadcast in the stadium.

Only once a final decision has been reached are they permitted to show any footage.

Ok, I thought you meant the audio was communicated to all.

Your ire is probably directed in the wrong direction though. It is a FIFA directive that the VAR process while they are coming to a decision, can not be broadcast in the stadium.

Only once a final decision has been reached are they permitted to show any footage.
Surely that's the whole point though ? It works so well in other sports and yet for some daft and illogical reason they won't allow it in professional football. Moving on from the screen issue, whichever way we look at it, I don't consider that my ire against PIGMOL is misdirected. How come VAR in both the WC and CL seems to run OK (even without on screen detail) yet in the PL it lurches from one cock up to another ?
I still maintain that we match going fans are being treated as 2nd class citizens.

Not sure too many City fans at the Tottenham and Liverpool games, to name two of many, would agree that VAR is satisfactory in the Champions League.

Probably the biggest break in correct VAR protocol came in the France V Tunisia game at the last World Cup, when a review was allowed and a goal subsequently disallowed after Tunisia had kicked off.

Not sure too many City fans at the Tottenham and Liverpool games, to name two of many, would agree that VAR is satisfactory in the Champions League.

Probably the biggest break in correct VAR protocol came in the France V Tunisia game at the last World Cup, when a review was allowed and a goal subsequently disallowed after Tunisia had kicked off.
TBF, the VAR process in the CL nowadays is much improved than when we played Spuds & Dippers.

TBF, the VAR process in the CL nowadays is much improved than when we played Spuds & Dippers.

I dunno mate. Not saying your wrong but most of us tend to see the major incidents from every Premier League game. Whereas we might only have a cursory glance at most non City Champions League games.

I know you were talking about European competitions rather than leagues. But there has been huge dissatisfaction with VAR in Spain and Italy recently, that understandably hasn’t received much attention from the English media. Some Spanish player smashed up the referee’s monitor in frustration in Spain the other day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.