VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe I dont understand then. I agree with halfcentury in consistency in process even if the resullting decision is wrong? Is that what youre saying? Because I agree.
There are Lotg and there are guidelines to help referees make decisions. As long as they are consistently applied and decisions transparently explained (as in RU) then that is all we should expect. Some decisions are subjective and could be called one way by one referee or another way by a second ref. That doesn't make either decision 'wrong' as long as they have stuck to the guidelines/lotg and gone through process correctly. Thats the same as it is in RU and imo its way, way fairer and better than what we have in PL.

No, this thread is going around in circles, nothing new is ever added to the debate as all the angles were covered in the first five pages and then repeated in the next ten.
VAR is shit, it's ruined the spontaneity of the game and tried to reduce an analogue set of laws into a digital format.
Stop flogging a dead horse and go and haunt another thread for a bit.
Why do you bother reading it then?

Is it simply to get wound up?

There was still contact, which is different to a dive with no contact, the thing Mark was asking for examples of.
A dives a dive!

That incident was a great one in terms of how VAR should work. The ref could have stopped the game and gone across to the screen and took a look at the angles and either confirmed or change his decision. Or waved okay on and let it go out and then go to the screen then. That’s a tool that helps referees make better decisions. Literally every man and his dog could see that should never ever have been a pen for Sheff U but VAR let it be

A dives a dive!

That incident was a great one in terms of how VAR should work. The ref could have stopped the game and gone across to the screen and took a look at the angles and either confirmed or change his decision. Or waved okay on and let it go out and then go to the screen then. That’s a tool that helps referees make better decisions. Literally every man and his dog could see that should never ever have been a pen for Sheff U but VAR let it be
I don't really disagree with you. I’d love VAR to get referees to look at the monitor more for all big, subjective decisions, without telling them they are wrong. I believe that if the ref had rewatched that penalty, he’d have changed his decision.

Clear and obvious can hide behind the bar being moved higher or lower and also just verifying their mate’s decision.

what happened with that show of Webb and Own discussing ref decisions?
It was clearly a thing when we scored some offside-not offside goal maybe vs Fulham Webb saying it should have been off and also at Kovacic orange card should have been a red.

I want his opinion of the Havertz challenge discussed in prime time on TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.