VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haalands second, what the fuck was that Var delay all about?
I know they have to check it but come on, looking desperately for a hand ball !!
Even Spitty said it was a goal !
Think you answered your own question there.

5live said they were looking at a possible Doku foul to not give the penalty as well.

Man in back of net gets hit on arm by ball as it pass over the line, no goal, if that happened I think we would’ve seen Pep have an Arteta style meltdown

But it went on forever. One replay showed no handball. If they were looking for a Doku foul it is bordering on stupidity.
It is killing the game.
I think the dippers kicking off has made officials over cautious when making decisions.

Let's see what they get when they play us as the apology is still being dished out to them.

But it went on forever. One replay showed no handball. If they were looking for a Doku foul it is bordering on stupidity.
It is killing the game.
It was really, really close to a handball. I thought initially they were looking for it touching his hand/arm as he slid past it, but it's when he's ahead of the ball that it very, very nearly catches up with the back of his elbow, while it's still a few centimetres short of fully crossing the line.

Would have been a bizarre one to result in no goal, but if it had hit his elbow then it would be the correct decision, and it was really close.

Unfortunately, the Laws of the Game cannot deal with every possible situation, so where there is no direct provision in the Laws, the referee should make a decision within the spirit of the game and the Laws. This should involve the officials asking the question, 'what would football expect in this situation?'

For this reason, Haaland's second goal only needed a cursory check for handball, and even if the ball had touched Haaland's hand before crossing the goal line, I'd like to think it would have still resulted in a goal.

It was really, really close to a handball. I thought initially they were looking for it touching his hand/arm as he slid past it, but it's when he's ahead of the ball that it very, very nearly catches up with the back of his elbow, while it's still a few centimetres short of fully crossing the line.

Would have been a bizarre one to result in no goal, but if it had hit his elbow then it would be the correct decision, and it was really close.
Don't talk bollocks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.