VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely.

With pretty much every set of fans accusing VAR of corruption every time a decision goes against them - I struggle to believe they would manipulate results. Obviously can't rule it out. but there's zero proof aside poor decision making at times.
The problem is the inexplicable decisions such as the 2 non-penalties for Chelsea yesterday. Although they were both 'poor' decisions, they simply can't be explained away as 'errors', because they had EVERY opportunity to come to the correct conclusion in line with the LOTG.

Absolutely.

With pretty much every set of fans accusing VAR of corruption every time a decision goes against them - I struggle to believe they would manipulate results. Obviously can't rule it out. but there's zero proof aside poor decision making at times.
Same here. I just cannot see how they could engineer anything around that. I do suspect early decisions that decide upon the course of the game thereafter but organised cheating between multiple parties with anyone blowing the whistle on it, nah too far fetched.

I do totally believe in personal bias though and I think it happens a lot more than we think. But thats only based on my small world of knowledge and experience of people in those positions.

Its part of the reason I want to see less of VAR, too many refs with too many biases, and no real accountability in that regard. One ref, he makes the calls, we all know who he is. Thats what I would like.

We won a league and the red shirts fans post a Rodri picture of that Everton way handball 1 incident they can only find in a whole season! Liverpool you can find half a dozen moments in a season at least you could point to! Stats showed they are the most favoured team by Var than any other team since Var came in too..

True, but that wasn’t my point mate. Refs have in the past manipulated results. They have come out and admitted it (Clattenburg being the recent example) and I spend time with Mark Halsey over here who isn’t shy on telling a few stories.

As I’m not in your close circle of officiating friends.

Can you post a couple links and specifics games in the last few years where refs have manipulated the results .

Or do I just have to take your word for it and accept I’m very naive.

Can you post a couple links and specifics games in the last few years where refs have manipulated the results .

One ex ref Mark, not a circle of officiating friends.
I’m not sure there will be a plethora of links for early undeserved yellow cards to certain players or not giving free kicks/corners or even throw ins due to a dislike of certain players/teams.
The fact you refuse to acknowledge this points to you being more than naive.

Not giving one of those pens last night for Chelsea was it manipulating the result? intentionally? Or was he so shit scared of Anfield Klopp the reaction of the media the pile on he would get if he gave one of those decisions and Liverpool didn't end up winning! I always said giving decisions against is easy there is no negative media reaction to it in fact it's lauded by the mass media!

Bottom line referees and web are shit scared at the fallout of the red shirts getting a bad decision..

We won a league and the red shirts fans post a Rodri picture of that Everton way handball 1 incident they can only find in a whole season! Liverpool you can find half a dozen moments in a season at least you could point to! Stats showed they are the most favoured team by Var than any other team since Var came in too..
I love that picture. It speaks to the pain they suffer from it. A whole seasons work LOL It makes me so so happy.

In a season? You can find half a dozen incidents in a game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.