VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No I know, what I meant was I hope they now get some shit decisions against them this week to balance it out.
The problem is, the shit decisions against them very rarely effect the result, and everyone walks away believing 'these things even themselves out over the season'.

Stats will say they do, but the stats never take in to account the result of the 'error', just that they've had a number for and a number against.

The person who said that couldn't say where that information was from though and I haven't been able to find any reports stating that anywhere.
The nearest I can find is that bringing in the semi automated offsides wasn't added to the agenda at the relevant meeting between the league and the clubs so it hasn't actually been discussed. There are hints that club chairmen didn't want it to be discussed but we don't know if that's in the same way that club chairmen vetted the appointment of the Premier League chairman, was it all the Premier League CEOs or just two or three? Who knows.

There's also some reports saying Howard Webb has blocked it's implementation as they're still discussing which parts of the body should be used to determine offside.

Like most things surrounding VAR, there hasn't been much clarity, discussion or sharing of information around this decision.
Their lack of transparency is a disgrace

Is that weekly segment on Sky happening where Webb explains the weekends Var decisions? After last night I guess now they will begin it after match day 2.

If these were just genuine "mistakes " then they should occur randomly, so the D/S should have had "mistakes" against them, but they always seem to benefit. It may be my Blue Tints but I don't know of any contentious decision going against them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.