VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do wonder if the referees would rather not give it and be sent over to change their mind, as opposed to giving it and being sent over to change their minds?
The first involves ‘not being certain’, the second involves getting it wrong..

I would be of that opinion but i recall refs/officials not seeing the most blatant decisions ever like this long before VAR.
Hence.... VAR was introduced

I would be of that opinion but i recall refs/officials not seeing the most blatant decisions ever like this long before VAR.
Hence.... VAR was introduced
In my many years of going to football, I’ve never really had a problem with referees not giving things, it’s when they give (gave) things that haven’t happened I get a bit antsy. In the second case, they can only be guessing, which they should never do.
As for VAR, if it would mostly leave the offside alone, and stop looking for fouls ’in the build up’, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, to be fair. The VAR should get one look at full speed and, if he can see its offside then give it. If he can’t, then it’s not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.