VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He doesn't have to make a decision anymore. Var will do it for him.

In the same match Trossard trips a spurs player in the box and nothing is given. Not sure if var even looked at it

edit* i cant watch the vid but am presuming it shows the Trossard sneaky trip?

80% of comments underneath say no pen. he did go down very late after accidental trip so not sure there was enough contact to warrant a penalty and not enough for VAR to overturn on field decision.

I made point earlier, pre VAR blatant pens were being missed so i don't buy the fact that Refs don't award them because they're protected by VAR.

80% of comments underneath say no pen. he did go down very late after accidental trip so not sure there was enough contact to warrant a penalty and not enough for VAR to overturn on field decision.

I made point earlier, pre VAR blatant pens were being missed so i don't buy the fact that Refs don't award them because they're protected by VAR.
You don’t think your general position of zealously defending VAR no matter how many times it collussally fucks up may be clouding your judgment when it comes to how VAR (and the “clear and obvious error” threshold, which was again in play with the incident @stonerblue has brought up) has impacted on-pitch officiating?

You don’t think your general position of zealously defending VAR no matter how many times it collussally fucks up may be clouding your judgment when it comes to how VAR (and the “clear and obvious error” threshold, which was again in play with the incident @stonerblue has brought up) has impacted on-pitch officiating?

I have criticised VAR for many things throughout this thread, i'm no lover of it - just prefer to have Refs with tech help than make decisions solely by themselves even when they do fuck up from time to time.

fair enough. so hundreds/thousands of people all involved in manipulating results.
have you got any proof ?
There aren't hundreds/thousand involved.

Just one or two people in a position of influence is enough to tip the scales in favour of unscrupulous/illegal bookmakers.

What I find funny is you seem to have dismissed any such corruption in a multi-billion dollar industry, when evidence tells us corruption to some degree is pretty much a given at that level.

I have criticised VAR for many things throughout this thread, i'm no lover of it - just prefer to have Refs with tech help than make decisions solely by themselves even when they do fuck up from time to time.
But you don’t think the referees and assistant referees decision-making process—or the frequency at which they make calls, contentious or otherwise, on the pitch in general—has been impacted by the current iteration of VAR?

There aren't hundreds/thousand involved.

Just one or two people in a position of influence is enough to tip the scales in favour of unscrupulous/illegal bookmakers.

What I find funny is you seem to have dismissed any such corruption in a multi-billion dollar industry, when evidence tells us corruption to some degree is pretty much a given at that level.

It's just very easy to chuck out the corrupt' line with no real basis.
of course there's a few examples of corruption with organisations as big as football throughout the decades, dodgy envelopes here and there but to just say PL results are being manipulated by betting firms with no real basis of proof is worthy to be questioned no ?
who exactly are manipulating the results ? why ? how? how's there not been one whistle-blower in the last 20 years of this ?
my twitter timeline after your Brighton match was a tsunami of comments saying FA/PGMOL are ensuring Man city win the title again, i assume you disagree with those comments?

But you don’t think the referees and assistant referees decision-making process—or the frequency at which they make calls, contentious or otherwise, on the pitch in general—has been impacted by the current iteration of VAR?

in the main no, the standard of on-field referring is still about the same for me and VAR highlights just how often they miss/get decisions wrong.

'Accidental' trip ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.