VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Football weekend is upon us.
Of course there is going to be a couple of VAR controversies.
No doubt Kaz will be demanding an explanation from myself.
So instead of reasoned debate and a rational reply that will just fall on deaf ears and get ignored or be accused of being a WUM.

I’ll just respond ‘outrageous,it’s all corrupt!’ Hope that satisfies.
welcome at last to bluemoon :)

I understood that the PL had said they would never show VAR images on the screens for fear of fan reactions.... that said, it still does not give proper explanation as to why scum n scouse don't have them.
Cos theyd probably ask to watch reruns of the Liver birds and Corrie.

So are VAR booking people now? I have to admit, I did not keep up with the rule changes over the last few weeks. The ref missed the foul on Dias and then a booking was given? Commentary was also expecting bookings to be retrospectively given throughout the game.

Too lazy to research right now, but have I missed something?

So are VAR booking people now? I have to admit, I did not keep up with the rule changes over the last few weeks. The ref missed the foul on Dias and then a booking was given? Commentary was also expecting bookings to be retrospectively given throughout the game.

Too lazy to research right now, but have I missed something?
If it was it missed a couple of red card challenges

Just watched the Spurs vs United match on MOTD and I can’t for the life of me work out how both teams weren’t given penalties.

Absolute nailed on handball against Spurs and a stonewall foul in the box by United.

Glad it’s not just our matches where there are baffling decisions.

I’ll add that ref **** we had against Newcastle was awful and obviously hates Grealish.

Why didn’t the corrupt dark forces award Man Utd a penalty for the handball and why did they send off Liverpools McAlistar which look fairly innocuous. Both sets of fans in uproar over them incidences.

Why didn’t the corrupt dark forces award Man Utd a penalty for the handball and why did they send off Liverpools McAlistar which look fairly innocuous. Both sets of fans in uproar over them incidences.

You are actually celebrating VAR getting things "wrong" to prove a point that it isn't "corruption"? Just "incompetence" then? Hooray!

You are actually celebrating VAR getting things "wrong" to prove a point that it isn't "corruption"? Just "incompetence" then? Hooray!

Officials not VAR will get decisions wrong on occasions, nothing to be celebrated and something to be scrutinized for sure without the constant need of all fans for all clubs screaming corruption.
I'll always favour a system that gives a ref a second chance to have a look at something he's missed and a system which has the chance to improve and evolve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.