VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feels a little bit like the very first year of VAR, so far this season, where you had to more or less stab someone to get the VAR interested.

Not sure there’s been a single overturn yet has there?

NBC just showed the Onana challenge that was not given in comparison to the Pickford haymaker today, just to highlight another entry in…

Rules Applied (or Not) to United That Were Never Seen Again

Feels a little bit like the very first year of VAR, so far this season, where you had to more or less stab someone to get the VAR interested.

Not sure there’s been a single overturn yet has there?
Along with some oddly delayed decisions by the referees that seem to come from VAR via their earpiece.

Just watching the Villa penalty incident and neither the ref nor his lineman give that. It’s given via the refs ear and at the same time you see the linesman reach for his ear. Play moves on for a few seconds before he strangely reacts to what he is told and points to the spot and the VAR check took literally 2 seconds.

Don’t tell me that people miles away in rooms are not making decisions during games because they are.

Just watching the Villa penalty incident and neither the ref nor his lineman give that. It’s given via the refs ear and at the same time you see the linesman reach for his ear. Play moves on for a few seconds before he strangely reacts to what he is told and points to the spot and the VAR check took literally 2 seconds.

Don’t tell me that people miles away in rooms are not making decisions during games because they are.

I’ve not seen it so can’t comment on that incident specifically. But it would be perfectly normal for the referee and linesman to have a very quick chat before awarding a penalty.

I’ve not seen it so can’t comment on that incident specifically. But it would be perfectly normal for the referee and linesman to have a very quick chat before awarding a penalty.

The linesman didn't have the word, trust me, both he and the ref reacted at the exact same time to whoever was whispering in their ears!

100%.
They have more influence than meets the eye.

The linesman didn't have the word, trust me, both he and the ref reacted at the exact same time to whoever was whispering in their ears!

It's exactly why we have to be able to hear the realtime conversations , and why PiGMOL and PL are so resistant .

There is clearly something they wish to keep supporters from hearing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.