VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
VAR will never work while you have poor officials running it .............. would it be so difficult to train other teams to run it who.have no connection to these bent bastards ??????How many tears has it been in now ????? And still they are getting it badly wrong ........... either bin it or get folk in who have no hidden agenda to keep certain clubs inn the spotlight
On the basis of what I've seen in rugby, cricket 'n tennis I am a supporter of the use of video assistance in football, but the system that hasbeen established, 'improved' on the basis of previous shite decisions, twisted, warped and ultimately contradicting itself, is worse than when football was a VAR-free zone.

On the basis of what I've seen in rugby, cricket 'n tennis I am a supporter of the use of video assistance in football, but the system that hasbeen established, 'improved' on the basis of previous shite decisions, twisted, warped and ultimately contradicting itself, is worse than when football was a VAR-free zone.
How bad was it? I. Never heard that, just that it's something football could learn from.

And does anyone know why Rugby would be allowed to play live audio but football can't? Seems like a reason they're throwing out there to stop them having to do that.

How bad was it? I. Never heard that, just that it's something football could learn from.

And does anyone know why Rugby would be allowed to play live audio but football can't? Seems like a reason they're throwing out there to stop them having to do that.
It'll come because it's something like Canute and the tide - yer can sit there and tell it but it'll still come in. Howie can come up with a raft of explanations as to why we don't have audio but none of them square with what obtains in rugby. And whilst yer talking if any player comes over and adds some profanity to the scene they are automatically booked. But I think we all know the reason why we don't have audio. Bring down the last wall that PiGMOL are hiding behind and we might be on the way to a result in a game that actually matches what the crowd has seen!

...does anyone know why Rugby would be allowed to play live audio but football can't? Seems like a reason they're throwing out there to stop them having to do that.
It's a FIFA directive across ALL of professional football that the audio must not be transmitted live.

Don't know why (I have my suspicions but I don't know) but that's the way it is, and the way it will be, until FIFA change their ruling.

It'll come because it's something like Canute and the tide - yer can sit there and tell it but it'll still come in. Howie can come up with a raft of explanations as to why we don't have audio but none of them square with what obtains in rugby. And whilst yer talking if any player comes over and adds some profanity to the scene they are automatically booked. But I think we all know the reason why we don't have audio. Bring down the last wall that PiGMOL are hiding behind and we might be on the way to a result in a game that actually matches what the crowd has seen!
I'm assuming we don't hear it because its complete chaos in that VAR room.

I don't believe they are conspiring, I just don't think they know what they're doing half the time which allows biases to crop in unnoticed, like the rashford offside last season.

Just watching the Villa penalty incident and neither the ref nor his lineman give that. It’s given via the refs ear and at the same time you see the linesman reach for his ear. Play moves on for a few seconds before he strangely reacts to what he is told and points to the spot and the VAR check took literally 2 seconds.

Don’t tell me that people miles away in rooms are not making decisions during games because they are.
Go back to the none sending off off David luiz for his foul on Aguero at the Etihad, definite movement by the refs hand to his ear as he’s about to give a foul then suddenly allows play to go on. Been happening since that day.

Just watching the Villa penalty incident and neither the ref nor his lineman give that. It’s given via the refs ear and at the same time you see the linesman reach for his ear. Play moves on for a few seconds before he strangely reacts to what he is told and points to the spot and the VAR check took literally 2 seconds.

Don’t tell me that people miles away in rooms are not making decisions during games because they are.
The VAR ref and the onfield team have an open line of communication and talk during the game - there was a good video of Jarrett Gillett doing his last A-League game before coming to England and they played the comms live.

Most likely the ref and linesman were 50/50 and the VAR ref said ‘looks like a pen’ from their position so they gave it onfield before reviewing.

I don't believe they are conspiring, I just don't think they know what they're doing half the time which allows biases to crop in unnoticed, like the rashford offside last season.
They might not be deliberately fixing a decision but I think subconsious bias kicks in and is still operating behind the scenes. If we saw the video and heard the explanations I still think there are areas where the LotG are given a little bit of an elbow sideways to accommodate the final decision - the Rashford offside is quite the case. But HTF are they still making crass mistakes?

If that's the case why are the vast majority in a certain teams favour. Rashford/Grealish Handball and KDB none penalty in the cup final, Spuds none penalty Martinez foul, None penalty against wolves, dodgy calls in their Liverpool and Arsenal game last season. Its a torrent in a certain teams favour and that's just off the top of my head.

If it was just incompetence it would be spread out evenly amongst all teams....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.