VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
very quickly and a gross oversimplification off the top of my head:

an algorithm is a set of instructions done to achieve a task. think maths and scientific formulae.

multiple algorithms for arguments sake create a program in software allowing it topreform certian actions.

for machine learning and AI it depends where you want to draw the line.
e.g. a smart speaker (alexa, google home) isn't AI. it's taking an input usually voice 'play music' that then looks for key words play and music. if it doesn't understand my accent and only gets 'play' then it returns something like 'would you like to play a game' or similar.
if it understands 'music' it returns the function 'playing music on spotify'
where machine learning comes in it will take all of those voice clips by EVERYONE using it to say 'play music' comparing and contrasting accents and accuracy of responses as per an algorithmic feedback to define what a 'correct' response would be.

i can provide some info if you would like to know more =]

edit- excuse the long reply but it's a passion subject of mine and the term ai is normally used for simple things and people expect HAL9000 when they just get voice detection.
I've derailed the thread enough I think. I will read up on it. Hang around in case I have some questions :)

Still don't see SAOT as AI but, as you say, it depends where you draw the line, I suppose. Literally, in this case :D

It’s still corruption that’s the point.

His job that he is paid to do in a billion pound industry is to apply the LOTG. He’s made a decision to turn the other way.
Not applying the laws of the game as they were intended. Corruption and manipulation. How can these wankers come out with any phrase spouting the 'spirit of the game' when this kind of shite appears. Mind, it's not as though we thought everything was fine, dandy and totally above board from the word go!

Not applying the laws of the game as they were intended. Corruption and manipulation. How can these wankers come out with any phrase spouting the 'spirit of the game' when this kind of shite appears. Mind, it's not as though we thought everything was fine, dandy and totally above board from the word go!

Exactly

As usual blue hammer you’ve missed the point. We’ve been explaining corruption & it’s different forms.I’d say like Mike Dean you’ve deliberately missed the point.

the problem is, every single officiating mistake, every wrong decision can just be labelled as 'corruption' (in many forms)

Mike Dean admitting he should have sent ref over and deeply regrets he doesn't - is that really proof of 'corruption' ? it was a human error. Not saying it's acceptable either. but it's clear he didn't make that decision on the back of a dodgy envelope and higher instructions from the FA.

Unless we have an officiating system with or without VAR that can guarantee every single decision is 100% correct, that can satisfy both sets of players, managers and fans at all times - then everything is just labelled as 'corrupt'

It’s still corruption that’s the point.

His job that he is paid to do in a billion pound industry is to apply the LOTG. He’s made a decision to turn the other way.

Yeah I get the argument, I just wouldn’t go to the level of calling it corruption or abuse of discretion. I would if PGMOL were aware of it and didn’t do anything about Dean though.

I’m not averse to the argument of making the operatives of VAR more independent to the referees on the pitch though.

Mike Dean could state that he takes bungs from a number of managers to supplement, yet some posters on here would still find a way to explain why there's no corruption.

that's something that would actually be classed as corruption rather than all sets of fans for every single club shouting and screaming it when decisions goes against them.

I've derailed the thread enough I think. I will read up on it. Hang around in case I have some questions :)

Still don't see SAOT as AI but, as you say, it depends where you draw the line, I suppose. Literally, in this case :D
Just Incase I worded it poorly, I also don't see it as AI but I've spoken to enough people who don't see a difference to be able to explain how some see it as such.

Any road..... Back to shitting on its current implementation with the idiots in charge :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.