VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh OK, I wasn't trying to be argumentative, I get how AI can evolve in the future, but SAOT isn't AI as far as I am concerned, it's just a clever piece of sodtware. I will be impressed if it ever starts thinking up new offside rules on its own, though :)

Let's face it, it couldn't do any worse .....
if it helps as a developer i've made a few algorithmic features which have then been written by sales as AI. you have to take it with a grain of salt that ANYTHING can be exagerated to be 'AI assisted' if it uses enough 'creative marketing'

i'll leave that there but yes i agree SAOT is not AI but to some people they are indestinguishable from each other.

if it helps as a developer i've made a few algorithmic features which have then been written by sales as AI. you have to take it with a grain of salt that ANYTHING can be exagerated to be 'AI assisted' if it uses enough 'creative marketing'

i'll leave that there but yes i agree SAOT is not AI but to some people they are indestinguishable from each other.
people get confused with ML, AI, GAI. SAOT falls into the AI category for many reasons

A Leicester player said on a podcast last year that a referee told him they gave a free kick when they knew it wasn’t one because they wanted Leicester to win the league. The media barely covered it.

Not really the place for an AI thread, but it's interesting. Care to provide a few reasons?
very quickly and a gross oversimplification off the top of my head:

an algorithm is a set of instructions done to achieve a task. think maths and scientific formulae.

multiple algorithms for arguments sake create a program in software allowing it topreform certian actions.

for machine learning and AI it depends where you want to draw the line.
e.g. a smart speaker (alexa, google home) isn't AI. it's taking an input usually voice 'play music' that then looks for key words play and music. if it doesn't understand my accent and only gets 'play' then it returns something like 'would you like to play a game' or similar.
if it understands 'music' it returns the function 'playing music on spotify'
where machine learning comes in it will take all of those voice clips by EVERYONE using it to say 'play music' comparing and contrasting accents and accuracy of responses as per an algorithmic feedback to define what a 'correct' response would be.

i can provide some info if you would like to know more =]

edit- excuse the long reply but it's a passion subject of mine and the term ai is normally used for simple things and people expect HAL9000 when they just get voice detection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.