VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If i recall correctly, the recent world cups ran smoothly. The PGMOL are fucking useless. No surprise they werent selected for the world cup.

im not against var at all. I think used right its beneficial. But our refs are incompetent and nothing is changing. They just keep making mistakes whether through incompetence or like we just found out, a deliberate decision. Its not acceptable .

I think the issue is they are blighted by institutional corruption, they make decisions not based on the LOTG but external factors. The media have a massive hold over them because of the sensationalist reporting & dictating what to highlight. Together they use language to cover up corruption & it creeps into the game making the rule’s impossible to apply fairly.

When did the explanation “subjective” creep into the LOTG? Subjective means it’s based on or influenced by personal feelings.

They may as well say I didn’t give it cos I don’t like them.

Easy for us to say.

The pressure on getting decisions correct in the VAR room must be immense, they have to get it right and it has to be conclusive and they have to do it as quickly as possibly. Multi million pound industry with a baying mob of fans ready to scream and cry corruption on the outcome.

But that’s the job.

Are you Mike Dean's nephew? Or have you not got the capability of admitting you are wrong and don't want to stop digging a hole?!

digging? Poster said there was no VAR controversy at the World Cup. I’ve sent a link showing all the controversies.

Pretty obvious a few of you have no desire to debate- just a bit of abuse, cry corruption and faux outrage.

Will leave you to it.

digging? Poster said there was no VAR controversy at the World Cup. I’ve sent a link showing all the controversies.

Pretty obvious a few of you have no desire to debate- just a bit of abuse, cry corruption and faux outrage.

Will leave you to it.

I’ve enjoyed your debate & I know there’s 2 subjects you won’t be swayed upon, Southgate & corruption. I think you make fair points that VAR has improved the game but isn’t 100% perfect nor should we expect it.

Where we disagree is that every error is a genuine mistake & Southgate is a **** ;)

They’ve basically treated the accusation of corruption exactly how they treat mistakes on the pitch by refusing to acknowledge it & patronising us with language which is contrary to what we can fucking see.

Pep should call them cheating cunts & serve a 2 game ban ;)

That's quite a remarkable non-statement.

Clearly, they have no interest in appearing professional or impartial and that response shows it to anyone able to see beyond a simple statement of blah-blah.

Sooner or later one of them will slip up and confirm verbally that they were favouring their favourite team or acting on instructions to give/not give a decision and the whole shitshow will be exposed (as if we didn't know already).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.