VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t for VAR. I can accept refs making mistakes even great players have shit games. For them to have so long to look at things like our 2nd yesterday and still get it wrong is ridiculous. VAR takes away a lot of what makes football great for fans at games and still makes loads of fuck ups most weeks.
Even Akanji knew it was offside as soon as Ake headed the ball in, no excuse for the VAR officials.

When Newcastle had a similar goal rules out against us a few seasons ago I said at the time that if a player in an offside position has to move out of the way of a ball, then it's offside, because if the player doesn't move, the ball hits him and he's definitely offside.

Allowing that goal was as barmy as allowing the Rashford/Fernandes one against us last season.

Is there an argument that the keeper was at full stretch and likely wouldn’t have saved it even if Akanji wasn’t there?

When Newcastle had a similar goal rules out against us a few seasons ago I said at the time that if a player in an offside position has to move out of the way of a ball, then it's offside, because if the player doesn't move, the ball hits him and he's definitely offside.

Allowing that goal was as barmy as allowing the Rashford/Fernandes one against us last season.
I thought exactly this "Allowing that goal was as barmy as allowing the Rashford/Fernandes one against us last season".
If these sorts of goals are within the rules then the rules need changing. When it went to VAR I thought we should get it on the basis of the the Rashford / Fernandes one if there is any consistency within VAR. Thank god there was - but neither goal should have been allowed if proper logic / fairness was applied

It was offside. Has that been against us I would have been fucking spitting with rage.

VAR is an abomination to the game.
Yeah no one in their right mind can honestly say anything other than it was a bad decision. I was in 115 and I didn’t even celebrate as I just presumed it would be ruled out. I only half celebrated the first goal as thought that was offside as well initially. VAR just sucks the life and enjoyment out of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.