VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a shame that the decision to allow the Ake goal has completely overshadowed the 5-1 win and Haaland hat-trick.

All I'm seen last night and this morning is the whole "agenda" bullshit. Let's get it staright their is simply no "agenda"! The officials in this country are absolutely horrendous and to be honest It's at a stage now where do they even know the rules themselves?

Last week against Sheffield United we had Haaland being rugby tackled in the box numerous times and one blatant pull back on his shirt that weren't given. Decisions swing in roundabouts you get some for you and get some against you that's the way it is unfortunately.

Having said all that, I find it hilarious all the YouTube Rags coming out and Neville last season talking about the Rashford goal v City saying "It's blatant offside l but we'll take it (with a smug look on his face). Same people now moaning about yesterday's goal...

So yesterday's goal puts a huge smile on my face!
Had a rag mate message me to ask what I thought of the goal and I said “I think it should have been disallowed, but I suppose if you give the Rashford/Fernandes goal last season, you have to give this one this season.”

He replied saying they are nothing alike and ours wasn’t a goal and theirs was fairly awarded.

That is when I disengaged.

The difference in how that goal and yesterday’s for us is being reported is quite informative. And that’s with almost every blue I know agreeing we were very fortunate to not see the goal disallowed, whilst almost no rags at the time thought their goal should have been disallowed.

As you say, I don’t actually think the goal was ultimately that important to our victory. We substantially improved in the second half off the back of tactical adjustments, not momentum carried over from halftime.

But the media are jumping on it as if it was the only reason we won, in contrast to their narrative last year that United were dominant and were always going to get the three points (even though we had just begun to absolutely dominate them before that farcical goal was allowed).

I said before the game i had no idea who the Var bloke was and he had very very little experience as officiated 1 championship game and been 4th official of 1 PL game in total in 2023. Then suddenly on Var for us.
My theory was due to his inexperience i bet he would not overturn any wrong decision Oliver awarded but it actually backfired for PGMOL as he messed up the offside as due to his inexperience and he has not been on the how to officiate red top teams course

Had a rag mate message me to ask what I thought of the goal and I said “I think it should have been disallowed, but I suppose if you give the Rashford/Fernandes goal last season, you have to give this one this season.”

He replied saying they are nothing alike and ours wasn’t a goal and theirs was fairly awarded.

That is when I disengaged.

The difference in how that goal and yesterday’s for us is being reported is quite informative. And that’s with almost every blue I know agreeing we were very fortunate to not see the goal disallowed, whilst almost no rags at the time thought their goal should have been disallowed.

As you say, I don’t actually think the goal was ultimately that important to our victory. We substantially improved in the second half off the back of tactical adjustments, not momentum carried over from halftime.

But the media are jumping on it as if it was the only reason we won, in contrast to their narrative last year that United were dominant and were always going to get the three points (even though we had just begun to absolutely dominate them before that farcical goal was allowed).
100% correct.

I remember BT, Sky ect all saying "The goal was fair they are the rules".

Bullshit. That was the most blatant offside you'll ever witness. As you said that was all made out to be a "Ten Hag masterclass" in reality we dominated up until that farce of a goal.

Funnily enough nothing was made of Casemiro standing 10 yards offside against Nottingham Forest last week...That also went down as a great fightback.

Yesterday's goal sbould have been ruled out no doubt about it, At least us as fans amd our players said the exact same thing I.E. Haaland interview...Massive contrast to the Rashford goal were Ten Hag and the players were adamant it was a good goal.

That's why I'm laughing at it today, If it's winding opposition fans up especially the Rags then happy days. We are hated by everyone anyway so it's a much as much.

We should now be on +8 goal difference.
It's no wonder the media are going ballistic

Is there an argument that the keeper was at full stretch and likely wouldn’t have saved it even if Akanji wasn’t there?
No he starts to move then hesitates a fraction of a second to see if Akanji gets a touch on it before he can commit. I think he makes the save fairly easily without the hesitation.

We got away with one here and luckily scored a hatful after but it definitely but a different complexion on the half time team talks.

It was offside. Has that been against us I would have been fucking spitting with rage.

VAR is an abomination to the game.
I only agree with the final sentence in that they’re terrible with it.

It should be a complement to the game.

We should now be on +8 goal difference.
It's no wonder the media are going ballistic
Pep and the players making an absolute mockery of the league. That's what the media and opposition fans are pissed off about.

They all know fine well that we haven't even got going yet and still pissing all over teams!

Yesterday we had no Stones, Nunes, Grealish, De Bruyne ect and still scoring five goals.

It's not a gap. It's a canyon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.